30 day shred-no results

Options
So I'm on level 3 of the thirty day shred and I've also been doing c25k for added cardio. I've been tracking my calorie intake and usually stay at a net of 1300 calories, overall I meet the weekly calorie goal. I'm currently 143-145 and 5'6". However, since I started the shred I haven't really lost any weight or inches. I don't see any progress and it's just so frustrating. Any advice on what I'm doing wrong/what i can do?

Replies

• itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    A) did you take before/after photos?
    B) How many calories are you consuming?
    C) What do you mean by "haven't really lost any weight or inches"? Have you lost ANY weight?
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    have you noticed a difference in stamina?
  • ilike2dance
    ilike2dance Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1400 and 1500 a day and track the 30ds/running using my heart rate monitor watch, and I have my activity level set to sedentary so it recommends a net of around 1300 each day. I have not lost pounds or inches yet. I have been taking progress photos but I don't see a difference yet. I can tell that I am getting stronger which I know is progress in itself but its just frustrating to not see a difference in how I look yet!
  • caro_s84
    Options
    I have the exact same problem. I've been working out 6 times a week. I'm on day 23 and I see no results. I've taken photos and I look the same since I started, no inches nor lbs lost. I'm also following a low cal diet although I know I can improve some areas, but still reduced my calorie intake to 1200 - 1500 a day, I will keep going because I don't want to quit the program, but it's really hard to stay motivated with no results. Any advice or words of encouragement?
  • strongmindstrongbody
    strongmindstrongbody Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    23 days isn't that long. (Maybe feels like a lifetime, though, I hear you on that.) Have you tried using heavier weights with level 3? Maybe your body needs more stress to change. Has the workout become too easy? Mix some other exercise in.
  • strongmindstrongbody
    strongmindstrongbody Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Oops, noticed you also do c2k. Maybe you just need a bit more time before seeing results.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    is it actually challenging for you? I know that may seem silly, but, i can do the thirty day shred level 3 as a warm up as i'm already in relatively *awesome* shape. It's only good for burning excess calories now.

I DID see progress when i first did it (as someone who had not worked out at ALL in about 5 years). It was DIFFICULT when i first did it a few years ago. I remember not even being able to finish 5 minutes of level one.
  • caro_s84
    Options
    Thank you! That is great advice, I think I need to challenge myself a bit more. I weighted myself this morning and lost 2 lbs so that's an improvement. I also think the level 3 it's not that hard, to me it almost feels easier than level 1 and 2; After I finish the 30 days this Saturday, I will start alternating videos, probably 6 week-six pack with 30DS. What other Jillian videos do you recommend?