sick, no appetite

Options
So, I've got some viral thing that has been going around. I'm taking care of myself and such, but I really have no appetite. I'm not nauseous, though. Food just tastes so dry and like cardboard. But, I know I need to eat. I forced myself to eat today, but didn't even crack 1000 Calories. Normally, I have no trouble meeting my goal and always eat a healthy amount. Any suggestions on things to eat? Maybe stuff that is good for the immune system (other than oranges)?

Replies

• ligytha
    ligytha Posts: 130
    Options
    So, I've got some viral thing that has been going around. I'm taking care of myself and such, but I really have no appetite. I'm not nauseous, though. Food just tastes so dry and like cardboard. But, I know I need to eat. I forced myself to eat today, but didn't even crack 1000 Calories. Normally, I have no trouble meeting my goal and always eat a healthy amount. Any suggestions on things to eat? Maybe stuff that is good for the immune system (other than oranges)?
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Sorry your so sick Sweetie, it's no fun. :flowerforyou: I still and always swear by good old chicken soup, if you cook it don't worry about a little fat in it, it will be good for you. If you just have canned that's okay. 7up not the diet, just sip on it when you can. Jello, not sugar free, don't want to upset your stomach more., saltine crackers, with peanut butter ,or toast. Good old Vick's rub down and plenty of rest, rest and liquids, That's what usually gets me through it.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: and call your doctor if it gets worse.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Take care of yourself. Don't worry too much about calories while your sick. Your body is to occupied with trying to recover!! Rest, get better, then worry about the rest after you've recovered!! You won't cause any long term damage. :flowerforyou: And AuntKaren had some awesome advice, can't add to that!!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    yep, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Your metabolism's probably in overdrive right now anyway as (believe it or not) heat kills the bad stuff in bodies (which is why we run temperatures) and all that extra heat requires more energy, which is why we feel tired and sluggish a lot of the time, so don't think your body isn't still burning calories, it is, you should try to eat when you can, but focus on getting better, eat things you know you can, and plenty of fluids!