Sub Slim Fast for a meal?

Options
kikilareggae
kikilareggae Posts: 289 Member
Thoughts? I need to try something different to get my weight loss going again. I just want to lose 10 more lbs this summer! I work out well but eating healthy is always on and off for me. Once I start eating healthy I am pretty good about staying there for a few months. The holidays always seem to throw me off....

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Slim Fast is a low cal diet like any other fad diet plan. Most people find as soon as thy start eating proper food again the weight goes back on.

Make simple changes to your diet that you can sustain for the rest of your life. Eat smaller portions but still enjoy all the foods you love.

Move a bit more, eat a bit less.
  • Jamiemcveigh
    Options
    Ky, try Shakeology!!! I can get you in touch w/my friend who is a Beachbody consultant in Orem :)
  • MintyStarshine
    Options
    I've found that I've never successfully been able to do Slimfast, despite trying it a number of times since I was in high school.

The only ones that I could ever drink were the chocolate ones. Vanilla was too sweet and strawberry milk makes me gag so strawberry Slimfast was out of the question.

Slimfast made me sick to my stomach a lot of the time because it was just liquid sweetness on a growling stomach, which always makes me feel quite poorly. The generic kind gave me incredible amounts of heartburn.

Later in life, I tried the powder instead of the cans because I thought it was cheaper. The Slimfast powder doesn't mix very well with milk at all. You could sit there and stir for 10 minutes straight and you'd still have icky clumps in it. After that, it settles into the bottom so you're drinking gritty syrup by the time you're done with your glass. Fixing it as powder also has less amount of liquid than a can, so you're going to end up feeling hungrier even sooner.

I have two cans of the powdered stuff that have been sitting in my cupboard for the last three years now, probably well past their expiration date.

If you're looking for a meal replacement drink, I'd try Muscle Milk. I've never tried to use it as a meal replacement, but it tasted a lot better than Slimfast, in my opinion.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!