Vacation: how to stay on Track?

Options
nehmon
nehmon Posts: 50 Member
I’ll be on vacation starting from June the 7th till June the 26th.
I must say I am excited and worried at the same time.
Excited since I will be meeting old friends, family members and have a good time but also worried since I might not be able to be on track during all that time.
I'm planning to do some workout at home but really don't know if I can keep it as good as I do till now.
Worst is, that I might not be able to be online all time like I use to do now :ohwell:
Well, it seems the thoughts will never stop running in my head.

Tell me about your experiences around Holidays, how do you manage to handle similar situation?

Replies

• drop_it_like_a_squat
    drop_it_like_a_squat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself during vacation. Keep an eye on what you eat but don't be too strict, enjoy yourself. Try to take walks. As soon as you get home switch back to normal.
  • bpalferys
    bpalferys Posts: 45
    Options
    I think the key is probably to do something, even if it's just something small, every day. I'm going on holiday in about 3 weeks and luckily there will be a pool there, so I'm planning on swimming every day for half an hour or an hour. Probably before breakfast.

I'm choosing swimming because I hate walking/running but I'm sure you could anything as long as it's everyday. Mix it up, maybe. And don't be too hard on yourself if you miss a day or eat a little too much, it is supposed to be time off anyway! As drop_it_like_a_squat says you can always go back to normal when you're home.
  • nehmon
    nehmon Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    thak you for the comments ladies :-)
    Well i'll try to find a way to have both though :-) enjoy holiday and take care not to gain weight at least :-)
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Tracking tells you very specifically how you are doing. But just generally keeping on track works. I quit specifically tracking what I eat some time ago and continue to lose weight.