energy and motivation help

Options
Hi!
I have been on mfp for about 5 weeks and lost really well the first 3-4 weeks but the past week haven't seen any improvement and am just exhausted. Is this normal? I stay within my goals most days (had a couple of days here and there that I went over but not by much), I exercise 5-6 days per week (mostly walking and just started 30 day shred yesterday),
Weighed myself today and I have actually gained 4lbs....what the heck am I doing wrong? Any suggestions? Should I cut carbs or just ignore it...no intention of going Back to my former unhealthy ways but confused....

Replies

• sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Open your diary?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Motivation comes from within and weight loss isn't big numbers every week. You didn't gain weight in a few weeks and it won't come off that way either.
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    You have a lot to lose, it slips off easily at first as its water weight. How many calories are you taking in?
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Push yourselves. You can do it. Set @ goal. @ daily routine.
  • ImtheOnethatsCool
    ImtheOnethatsCool Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I don't think you gained 4 lbs of fat. I can easily gain 5 lbs overnight just in water retention from things like TOM, a salty meal, more strenuous exercise.

Drink a lot of water for the next couple days, it's likely to go away.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    You just started a new exercise routine. Could be water weight as your muscles adjust. I'm maintaining right now, but I remember that after the initial easy loss, things slowed way down. I could go for a few weeks without seeing any progress and them boom! suddenly I'd drop a few pounds overnight. It was kind of a 2 pounds down, 1 pound up sort of zigzag of weight loss. As long as the overall trend is down, you'll be fine. Just be patient and take it slow. Good luck!