How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• SabrinaLC
    SabrinaLC Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning
    I only record my weight if it actually goes down, which for me, doesn't happen very often.
  • Alicia_P_28
    Alicia_P_28 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    well I said I would only weigh once a week...but I weigh every morning after peeing (in a tank and undies usually)...and I probably weigh a few times a week randomly thru the day...ugh. But I will only be recording once a week (this is my first week...) I am going to start weighing less often I think, because I can see this obsession with the scale becoming a problem in no time.
  • RunForChai
    RunForChai Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning but only record when there is a change that has stuck for 5-7 days.

The reason I weigh myself every day is a bad memory of the time when I "threw away the scale"---I gained so much weight without really being aware of it and losing that weight was tough.

Now when I see an upward shift of a pound or two I can deal with it right away which is much easier than having to deal with 20 or more pounds.
  • sharon_moyer
    sharon_moyer Posts: 177
    Options
    I weigh myself daily and I only log the loss on MFP. I struggled too with how often to weigh myself and then I was listening to Dr. Oz and he said that daily weighing makes you accountable for losing weight. You have to do what's best for you though.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Almost every morning after taking my shower....
  • weeshaz74
    weeshaz74 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I wanted to no if I burn calories when exercising, am I supposed to eat up those calories too?
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Once every 2-3 weeks

Right now I am on a bulk so I am weighing in on Fridays..I DREAD it but it must be done.
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a month otherwise I will get discouraged. Also I feel like I want to make that one weigh in count so it makes me accountable throughout the month.
  • sassyann45
    sassyann45 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,

I weigh every morning right after I get up with the understanding that the scale will fluctuate. It keeps me honest with myself!!
  • lisahewitt22
    lisahewitt22 Posts: 102
    Options
    I weigh in every Wednesday but, if I get really antsy, I might weigh in some time during the week too just to see how things are going.
  • soulkal
    soulkal Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i just started and what a difference time makes on weighing in. I weighed myself last night at 243.8, then first thing this morning..i was 241.6. I then took a shower..blow dried my hair..about half hour or so later..thought i should get on the scale before getting dressed with nothing on..and it was at 240.4. I got on it 5 times to make sure it wasn't wrong..so I am using that number as my weigh in! i guess moving around made a difference? I can`t imagine what would happen if i went to the bathroom for a #2l! lol Anyhow, it is motivating seeing that number drop and it drops much faster the bigger you are in the beginning, so weigh ins for me are going to be very often for the first few weeks, however i am sure i will eventually do it once to twice a week later on and i will stick to the morning weigh in.
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself once a week because weight fluctuates so much, and if you're doing it everyday, it could end up being a big discouragement, therefore giving you less motivation to keep "trucking" IMO
  • RabbitMccool
    Options
    Every morning after emptying bladder for me. I feel that it gives me feedback on how to go about my day. I know that weight fluctuates and blah, blah, blah..., but this is how I do it. :)

This is me too. I NEED to know how I did the day before.... its almost become an obsession for me....

20 pounds lost!!!
  • Lebzy
    Lebzy Posts: 1
    Options
    once a week is enough I think
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I was doing it every morning... this week I have refrained myself... trying to do it once a week... but I caved this morning and got on it... have to hide the scale I think!
  • barefootsoul91
    Options
    Personally, I find that weighing myself everyday for the sake of keeping track depresses me because my weight fluctuates so I choose to weigh myself for track-sake Wednesday mornings right after I pee and haven't eaten or worked out. Most accurate I hear. There is a little progress every week this way. :) Even if it is only like a tenth of a pound lol, but you will notice more changes on a weekly basis than a daily one.
  • mq68
    mq68 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Maybe once a month or even less. I do heavy lifting so when I started posting here, I found my scale was in constant flux to the tune of 3 to 8 lbs. I do not need that stress. I do know that I am losing inches. I have gone down 2 sizes in pants in the last couple of months and that is ALL that matters to me. GL, the scale is evil and measurements are SO much better:) Plus I was able to fit into a pair of pants that my friend who is 50lbs lighter than me wears...
  • MaydayParadeGirl
    MaydayParadeGirl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday morning after I wake up and take my dog out and come back in to change out of my pajamas. I missed my last one because I was sick and didn't feel ike standing on a scale when i just wanted to throw up so it's be REALLY hard not to just jump on that scale and look at what it says but I don't want to get obsessed with weighing myself.
  • greenj0212
    greenj0212 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I try not to stress the numbers so much since I'm more of a shape shifter. I can tell by the way my clothes fit, so I will weigh once a week, in the morning just to keep an eye on things. I only record once a month to update on my profile, but I also take measurements. If I weighed daily it would just depress me because I can fluctuate up to 5 pounds any given day (water)...;)
  • anxietygirl
    anxietygirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Saturday morning, before I've eaten anything. Any more than that and I start to obsess over the numbers or don't see diferences day-to-day and get discouraged. Once a week means I can see the result fairly well and don't feel like I have to think about numbers all the time.