Help/Advice PLEASE & THANK-YOU ;)

Options
Ok I'm frusterated! I had my body fat comp. taken the other day ... good news is, I only have to lose 15lbs of pure fat and I am golden ... estimated body fat % at that weight and musc mass would be 20-22% (goal) OR I can gain 12lbs of muscle, replacing the fat & be golden as well ..... that being said, do I focus on building musc mass (eating 1500 calories to maintain and keep up with jullian micheals body rev) OR do I stay focusing on cardio/jullian micheals and eating roughly 1200 cal's daily? (1 cheat day) HELP ADVICE PLEASE!?

btw I am happy with my body as of right now, except my belly still hold fat :( I think that's exactly where that 15 lbs of pure fat is sitting at :( Any advice please and thank-you?! Sorry about spelling (ect.) I am writing this fast before work!

Replies

• agggie550
    agggie550 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    What is going to be easiest for you?

Im not a scientist, but at 1500 Calories you will gain strength and maybe some newbie muscle gain, but your not going to be building any serious muscle mass. It will help you maintain any lean muscle you already have while burning fat, but you wont be building much at that caloric intake.

When you say 1200 Calories are you netting that or eating that, and not eating back any of your exercise calories? Not sure were you sit currently for weight, but losing fat for me is far easier than building muscle.

Here is an article I found pretty helpful about how the body actually builds muscle, just something to think about.... Good luck.

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/how-much-muscle-can-you-gain/