Today I...*gasp*

Options
Today I RAN. By choice. AFTER leaving the gym.

Granted it WAS raining...down pouring. Lightening. Thunder. The full nine. But still. When I finished my work out I was telling myself "just be calm. dont run like a crazy white girl through the parking lot...everyone can see you." After stepping outside and the freezing air and rain hitting me I said screw what anyone thinks. Ill run my fat *kitten* through this parking lot like the idiot that I am for parking at the VEEEEERRRRRRRRRY back because "the extra walking will be good for me".

Ha ha. a few months ago I wouldnt care what kind of weather it was. Id walk just to avoid the embarrassment of what people "might" think. Not the most awesome success thats been posted but its pretty cool for me ;-)

Replies

• vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Self confidence is so beautiful and so sexy. Congrats on that :)
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Self confidence is so beautiful and so sexy. Congrats on that :)

Agreed.
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    You go girl!!!! For real, who gives a crap what anyone thinks, this is your life and your fitness! Get your run on!!! :):drinker:
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    definitely love this post! good job for parking out back and for finding the courage to run through the crazy weather! :) I agree, self confidence is beautiful :) WTG!
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    This made me laugh - and it is so much like something I would do that I can totally relate. Thanks for sharing.:smile:
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    hahahaha amazing. :) wtg!!
  • rencawdor24
    rencawdor24 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yaaay! welll done and keep up not caring!
  • annemcharles
    annemcharles Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    :smile:

Granted it WAS raining...down pouring. Lightening. Thunder. The full nine. But still. When I finished my work out I was telling myself "just be calm. dont run like a crazy white girl through the parking lot...everyone can see you." After stepping outside and the freezing air and rain hitting me I said screw what anyone thinks. Ill run my fat *kitten* through this parking lot like the idiot that I am for parking at the VEEEEERRRRRRRRRY back because "the extra walking will be good for me".

Ha ha. a few months ago I wouldnt care what kind of weather it was. Id walk just to avoid the embarrassment of what people "might" think. Not the most awesome success thats been posted but its pretty cool for me ;-)
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    awesomeness! own it!

tumblr_mn5t82FMhT1qii6tmo1_250.gif
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Rock on! That is fabulous!
  • sukifr
    sukifr Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    well done you!!

when you get your breath back give yourself a pat on the back :smile:
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options

Good for you that gave a chuckle to start my day:flowerforyou:
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Another big step toward reaching your final goal...good for you! (Liked your story but LOVED your attitude!) :flowerforyou: :laugh:
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    You rock!!
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    hot!!
    Andy-step-up-2-the-streets-2293330-300-300.gif
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB! confidence is hotness :)
  • gretchenk77
    gretchenk77 Posts: 13
    Options
    Thank you for the smile!

I'm sitting here trying to remember the last time I ran anywhere ... and I can't. One day though, I'll run again. Boobs flying everywhere, thighs jiggling, although hopefully not too much. I won't care. It will be glorious.
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm proud of you and hope you are of yourself.
  • Kestrel45
    Kestrel45 Posts: 133
    Options
    awesomeness! own it!

tumblr_mn5t82FMhT1qii6tmo1_250.gif

^^LMFAO amazing

Congrats!
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THIS!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!