Les Mills Combat - June

Options
2»

Replies

• RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    10 more days until I get started!! I will be throwing out a few more "feelers" to see if anyone else would like to join our awesome little group :). The ladies in there now are ready to go, and some have already been goin at it and have great tips.
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am starting in June. Waiting for my program. Can I join??
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    I am starting in June. Waiting for my program. Can I join??

Welcome aboard! I was gonna shoot you an invite but saw you in there :):flowerforyou:
  • mzootie
    mzootie Posts: 133
    Options
    Would love to join. I have already completed Insanity and doing Tapout XT2 now while working in LMC as I go along. Can I join even though part time?
  • brentbarrie
    brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today (or maybe tomorrow). I messed up my knee doing Insanity so I'm going to start this but not go all out at first. I'm hoping to be able to do it without making my knee hurt more.
  • AmyBeth719
    Options
    So excited!! Just ordered it. I am in a "superhero fitness challenge" that is starting June 10th and that is when I will start this! Can't wait!! Thanks for letting me join!
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Would love to join. I have already completed Insanity and doing Tapout XT2 now while working in LMC as I go along. Can I join even though part time?

I am currently doing Tapout XT after having finished one round of LMC. You should absolutely join! I have a selfish interest in wanting to know how you would compare the two.
  • mzootie
    mzootie Posts: 133
    Options
    @ emjaycazz: I like both Combat and Tapout XT2 alot. Combat has some different moves with kicks and such as well as the Eastern discipline stuff which is cool. But I must say the XT2 (I did not do XT 1) is thee total body workout. I do love the ball and band work. I bought the Tapout ball as it has 2 handles on it so you can do so much more with it attacking the core and Abs which I love. I really never knew you could do so much with a weighted ball. I am starting to see the abs through the workouts. Right now just the top 2 and the outline of the rest. Just need to shed the last bit of belly fat but they are def there. Some cutting edge crazy exercises too that I never seen before. I also like like "killer move" at the end. That is basically 3 or 4 move exercise that goes 3 minutes if you can do it. My plan was to: lose weight and fat with Insanity which it def did. Then put some muscle and tone on with combat / XT and lifting weights when I can. Bottom line is muscle confusion with the variety and of course a diet of protein and minimal carbs and plenty of rest. I plan to mix it all up as they all have their good workouts. BTW, I really liked Insanity too and I plan on working that in as well as some yoga and kenpo stuff from P-90X.
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    @ emjaycazz: I like both Combat and Tapout XT2 alot. Combat has some different moves with kicks and such as well as the Eastern discipline stuff which is cool. But I must say the XT2 (I did not do XT 1) is thee total body workout. I do love the ball and band work. I bought the Tapout ball as it has 2 handles on it so you can do so much more with it attacking the core and Abs which I love. I really never knew you could do so much with a weighted ball. I am starting to see the abs through the workouts. Right now just the top 2 and the outline of the rest. Just need to shed the last bit of belly fat but they are def there. Some cutting edge crazy exercises too that I never seen before. I also like like "killer move" at the end. That is basically 3 or 4 move exercise that goes 3 minutes if you can do it. My plan was to: lose weight and fat with Insanity which it def did. Then put some muscle and tone on with combat / XT and lifting weights when I can. Bottom line is muscle confusion with the variety and of course a diet of protein and minimal carbs and plenty of rest. I plan to mix it all up as they all have their good workouts. BTW, I really liked Insanity too and I plan on working that in as well as some yoga and kenpo stuff from P-90X.

Thanks! The format seems to be the same as XT but the workouts seem a bit longer/more intense than XT. There are a couple of workouts on XT2 that are "sequels" to XT workouts (Sprawl and Brawl (LOVE), Buns & Guns, etc.). I am also lifting--I originally started with 5 x 5 Stronglifts but it was challenging to see where I could fit those in when I was doing the full 60 days of LMC round 1.

I find that the LMC HIIT workouts seem to be more similar to the XT ones (burpees and ground work, mountain climbers, strength training) than the LMC cardio workouts (Power Kata, Combat 30 and 60s). Combining XT/XT2 and LMC, it's easy to have a really great variety of workouts.
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    I am loving the hybrids you guys are coming up with. Cross training is the best!!
  • AmyBeth719
    Options
    Starting today!!
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Starting today!!

I started yesterday finally. Woot! :) I hope you joined the group :drinker:
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Bumping....I'm looking at the program this weekend.
  • adioschubs
    adioschubs Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    May I join? I've been doing LMC for a few weeks now.
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Bumping....I'm looking at the program this weekend.

I hope to see you in the group in a few weeks :)
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    May I join? I've been doing LMC for a few weeks now.

Of course! I'll send you an invite :D