How To Calculate DV%

Options
Helawat
Helawat Posts: 605 Member
I'm just curious:

I want to eat at Burger King tonight for dinner. They post everything on their website except the daily value percentages for their food.

Does anyone know how to calculate the DV% when it's not provided? For example, the Veggie Burger without mayo has 8% total fat. What is the daily value?

I can't find the equation on the internet to save my life!

Thanks!

Replies

• Helawat
    Options
    I'm just curious:

I want to eat at Burger King tonight for dinner. They post everything on their website except the daily value percentages for their food.

Does anyone know how to calculate the DV% when it's not provided? For example, the Veggie Burger without mayo has 8% total fat. What is the daily value?

I can't find the equation on the internet to save my life!

Thanks!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options
    Nutrition Facts
    Burger King - Bk Veggie Burger Servings: of 1 burger
    Calories420Sodium1100 mgTotal Fat16 gPotassium0 mg Saturated3 gTotal Carbs46 g Polyunsaturated0 g Dietary Fiber7 g Monounsaturated0 g Sugars8 g Trans0 gProtein23 gCholesterol10 mg Vitamin A0 %Calcium15 %Vitamin C0 %Iron0 %*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

MyFitnessPal has the Burger King food in the database. Does the nutrtion info above answer the question you are asking, or did I misunderstand?

Cheryl
  • Helawat
    Options
    Thanks a lot CM for your reply!

I know that it has 8g of fat but I'm looking for the DV%, to determine if a serving of food is high or low in a nutrient.

For example, the total fat of one serving of macaroni and cheese is 12g but the DV% (Daily Value Percantage) is 18%. That means for two servings, you would have had 24g of fat and 36% of your daily allowance for total fat.

The website doesn't publish DV% and I'm wondering how to calculate it on my own ^_^
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Well i guess that you can do some maths.

if macaroni is 18 % for 12g that means that 100% = 66.6 g of fat
    if the burger is 16g of fat then that 24% DV

but that depends on what your DV is ... mine is far from 66.6

take your allowance from mfp, that would be 100% then take the food you eat, EX. burger 16g divided by your daily amount of fat (let say 44). then multiply by 100 to get the %

16/44=0.36 x100 =36%
    resume again, amount that food contains / daily total allowence X 100

right.. did i make sense ? or maybe i'm totaly wrong..lol... i'm no math expert !!
    you can do the same calculation for everything.
    may
  • Helawat
    Options
    Thanks a lot! You answered my questions but it's obvious that I'm no math expert either ^_^

Thanks for answering my question!
  • Helawat
    Options
    That's a neat website, thanks!

Luckily, I cut out the mayo and asked for no cheese so it ended up being 18% of my total fat for the day. Look ma', I'm doing math!