30 Minute Whole-Body Workout

Options
I have gotten into the habit, finally, of getting up 30 minutes early in the morning and working out. I am not a morning person, so I know I will not get up earlier than that. And I don't have time for working out later in the day.

I've done 30 Day Shred, and am now halfway through Ripped in 30. I'd like to make a plan for continuing to work out 5-6 days a week for 30 minutes so I'm looking for some ideas.

I'm up for doing a video some mornings, or running, or just doing some exercises that don't require more than some light hand weights. I'd like to have a variety - I'm getting sick of doing these Jillian Michaels videos every single day (although I'd be okay mixing them in occasionally). And I want to continue working on strength (for toning only) and cardio.

Replies

• ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    go to the fitness blender website. There is a lower body tabata workout which is amazing, also a low impact cardio routine which has weights and even though its low impact you sweat alot and burn 200+ cals in the 30 mins. They have some great videos. Im doing ripped in 30, im on week 3 and adding fitness blender workouts too and having great results
  • JulieAnn72
    JulieAnn72 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I had never seen that website before. It has a great selection of workouts!
  • kerrigbell
    kerrigbell Posts: 23
    Options
    Check out the BeFit channel on youtube. I'm getting pretty tired of Jillian myself so after I finish ripped in 30 I'm going to try some of the BeFit videos. Hope that helps some.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I have the "sworkit" app on my phone. It will create a little circuit for you that you can do at home. You can customize the time, upper/lower body/cardio/strength, etc. I can put on my own music and just go.
  • dfarina33
    dfarina33 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I do the Spartacus workout. 10 exercises 1 minute on 15 secs rest. 3 sets. Full workout takes 41 min. You can modify and do 2 sets or shorten the intervals to get down to 30 min. All you need is some dumbbells. I have an interval timer on my iPhone that helps as well. I do it at my lunch hour and can do the whole routine and shower and be back at my desk in under an hour.

If you Google it, you can find it from Men's Health magazine. (I have lots of lady friends that do it so don't let the Men's Health bother you.) Absolutely killer.
  • JulieAnn72
    Options
    Thank you for all of these tips! I'll definitely check them out.
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    XHit on youtube is another site for workouts, youtube in general is.
  • Wildflowers70
    Wildflowers70 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Bump so I can see this info later and not lose it. Sorry. I am loving Jillian and am liking what I see from Sworkit free preview. Think I may spluge and buy Sworkit since it could go with me on vacation. I don't want to slack.
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    You could do a bodyweight strength training routine though you may need to purchase a pull-up bar.
  • sweetpea101077
    sweetpea101077 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    bump
  • peachykeek
    peachykeek Posts: 19
    Options
    check out bikini body mommy on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/BikiniBodyMommy?fref=ts

she has a 90-day challenge that alternates between circuit training and cardio. the circuit training workouts are typically 20-25 minutes or less. (most of the time, i actually find myself adding to the workouts so they're longer.) and for the cardio days, the goal is either 45 minutes of brisk cardio or 20 minutes of high intensity interval training (choose an exercise like jump rope or stair climbing, do 1 minute as hard as you can, then rest a minute..)

i do most of the workouts right in my living room. the only 'extra' i've had to use is a pair of 5-lb weights. (and those are even optional.)

this challenge has been good for me for a couple reasons... one, i like having a plan to follow; i find it very satisfying to be able to check each day off after i've followed my directions. two, i've been able to add a lot of new exercises to my repertoire, so i can come up with my own circuit training routines. (new to ME... i'm sure a lot of people on here already know them..) :)

i highly recommend checking it out. to find the challenge once you go to her page, click on 'photos', then 'albums,' and scroll all the way down. each day has its own album, so they're all super easy to find.

happy working out! :)
  • SHINDY12
    SHINDY12 Posts: 53
    Options
    good idea's, bump
  • kmakar
    kmakar Posts: 103
    Options
    bump, thanks for the suggestions!
  • RTDice
    RTDice Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    bump, so i remember to pass some of these on.
  • JulieAnn72
    Options
    Thanks for all the additional comments - and I'm glad so many other people are finding this useful. I just wanted to add that I realized after I posted this question that I have Workout Trainer by Skimble on my iPad. So I've done a few of those workouts this week, and they've been good. The voice on the app isn't good, but the workouts themselves are. So I'm going to use that for a while and see how it goes.
  • ptmistret
    ptmistret Posts: 1
    Options
    I note that most of you are referring to specific workout regimens. In addition to my gym I take dance lessons four nights a week..and the lbs are melting.. its fun and energetic.. I am certain that there are dance workouts on TV and on line.. Lots more fun and entertaining.
  • darias_mommy
    darias_mommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Got my hands on the P90X plyometric dvd from a friend. You don't need anyting and burn and sweat!!!! Maybe you have a freind you can borrow and copy it? it's the hardest and most efficient of the workouts in the series.
  • Amytrue1
    Amytrue1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cmb67
    cmb67 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Great resources, everyone. Thanks!