Sometimes it needs to be said, don't fall for the...

Options
2»

Replies

• Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Back to your normally scheduled programming about people wondering if 1200 calories is ok.

I know right. 1200 calories is crazy! Those people will go into starvation mode and die a horrible flabby death.

lmao.. not quite.. but hey.. to each their own. :~) what if 1200 is an *increase* from what was being eating.. then the body is like.. wow.. i'm getting food.. lets start working properly again! whoohooo..

Actually i just bravely upped my calorie goals to 1600 starting tomorrow. We shall see if I can hit it everyday. :~)
  • BeardedMike
    BeardedMike Posts: 52 Member
    Options

soo bad, cholesterol durrr not to mention the fat! whites only ever!

Sorry but you are so, so wrong. Again this is hold over from bad information from the 90's. Eating cholesterol does not get suddenly deposited on your arteries, it is broken down like everything else we eat. Also, there is nothing wrong with fat in moderation, eggs contain some of the healthiest fats. A balanced diet is key, protein, carbs AND fats are all essential.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options

soo bad, cholesterol durrr not to mention the fat! whites only ever!

Sorry but you are so, so wrong. Again this is hold over from bad information from the 90's. Eating cholesterol does not get suddenly deposited on your arteries, it is broken down like everything else we eat. Also, there is nothing wrong with fat in moderation, eggs contain some of the healthiest fats. A balanced diet is key, protein, carbs AND fats are all essential.

Im guessing you getting catch the sarcasm, My bad i should of made it clearer
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    OMG- I'm new on here and I just asked the 1200 eat back your calories question...I didn't realize I was so lame!!! Sorry all, this board cracked me up!

It's ok, most of us did when we were noobs...heck, I even posted a "Why Is Everyone So Meaaaaannnnn?" thread. If you don't know about that, stick around the forums oh, about...2.3 seconds...you'll find out.
  • mego07
    mego07 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    OMG- I'm new on here and I just asked the 1200 eat back your calories question...I didn't realize I was so lame!!! Sorry all, this board cracked me up!

It's ok, most of us did when we were noobs...heck, I even posted a "Why Is Everyone So Meaaaaannnnn?" thread. If you don't know about that, stick around the forums oh, about...2.3 seconds...you'll find out.

LOL. People can get really harsh on here at times especially when they are defending their choice of life style.. do we dare mention the word "diet" and "Do they work"
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Bumping because I saw a low fat thread.

As for the mean thing? I'm mean because I'm mean. You, a kitten, a cute little meerkat. Doesn't matter, I'll give you a glower.

That's a funny word, glower. Is there power in a glower? Will it engender fear if you cover yourself in flour, and then glower while screaming I have the flour power?
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Full fats for the WIN!!! thank god, because i hated the fat free, chemically laced everything I thought I had to eat. Another public service announcement? Sorry, can't think of one :ohwell:
  • dbmata
    Options
    Full fats for the WIN!!! thank god, because i hated the fat free, chemically laced everything I thought I had to eat. Another public service announcement? Sorry, can't think of one :ohwell:

Here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ5LpwO-An4
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options

Here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ5LpwO-An4

NO! I'm at work and I don't trust you yet lmao
  • dbmata
    Options
    Hah, yet.

I've posted it a few times on my FB too. Getting good reviews from children of the 80s.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

You are not lame. You asked a legit question that many new members are confused by.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Yeah, let's be clear, you're not lame for asking it.

(You are lame for not searching first! ;) I kid...)

Lame would be just doing it without asking or thinking why.
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    But...should I eat back my exercise calories?

I tried to, but I am having difficulty telling my calories apart. Are the exercise calories the lumpy ones, the fuzzy ones or the lumpy fuzzy ones?
  • fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    This thread has been a beacon of awesome. All of you are awesome.

Bumping up the jamz so the afternoon crowd can roll in and get a good PSA.

Totally read that as bacon of awesome :laugh:
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lezz9hctuM1qdubemo1_500.gif
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    image.png
  • anyamb
    anyamb Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    No. No you are not.

*Edited: About the memes, I mean.
  • dbmata
    Options
    This thread has been a beacon of awesome. All of you are awesome.

Bumping up the jamz so the afternoon crowd can roll in and get a good PSA.

Totally read that as bacon of awesome :laugh:

I have 14# of brown sugar and siracha cured bacon in my fridge right now. Bacon of awesome. ;)
  • Alison12121
    Alison12121 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I've had that low fat, no fat stuff for so long, that I just can't do it anymore. :smile: I'd rather just have less of the regular stuff.