TDEE

Options
I Know that this is commonly asked.

My BMR is 1536
My TDEE is 2381
My Daily is 1905

On the day that I am not working out, how many calories should I be eating?
Also if my daily is 1905, am I eating back my exercise calories?
I am 5ft 8.5", 171.8lbs and I would like to be at 135lbs.

Replies

• Reeceybaby1988
    Options
    On the day that I am not working out, how many calories should I be eating?
    Also if my daily is 1905, am I eating back my exercise calories?
    I am 5ft 8.5", 171.8lbs and I would like to be at 135lbs.

question 1. 1905
    question 2. no
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    the problem with TDEE calorie goals is you are expected to workout the same amount week after week after week after week and if you slack off on your exercises you could be eating too much.

i think that's why a lot of people have questions about it all the time and say hmmm, maybe its not working.

a better solution for you might be to use TDEE using sedentary -10% or -20% as your daily calories. Now your losing weight TDEE assumes you never exercise.

now you can track your exercises as they happen and eat back whatever percent you are comfortable with

whatever plan you decide on, Simplicity is the key
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    the problem with TDEE calorie goals is you are expected to workout the same amount week after week after week after week and if you slack off on your exercises you could be eating too much.

i think that's why a lot of people have questions about it all the time and say hmmm, maybe its not working.

a better solution for you might be to use TDEE using sedentary -10% or -20% as your daily calories. Now your losing weight TDEE assumes you never exercise.

now you can track your exercises as they happen and eat back whatever percent you are comfortable with

This is very smart, I never thought of this. I will give this a try and see how it works out. Appreciate it!
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

This is very smart, I never thought of this. I will give this a try and see how it works out. Appreciate it!

While this method works for many people, it is NOT TDEE. TDEE is eating the same amount every day based on your average daily activity level. It is easier for me to track the same number of calories each day so I do the true TDEE where I eat the same amount every day (even rest days and rest WEEKS). If you are like me and enjoy routine, then true TDEE is better.