Playing with fire or testing myself?

Options
hooah_mj
hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
I get on the scale and I'm surprised. The pounds have stayed away, but so have I....away from the gym and away from the program that has gotten me to this point. I'm still maintaining, and quite surprised that its been over a month and it hasn't crept back on...that's pretty good, or is it. So I need to just asking myself some questions.

Am I Stuck...do I need to unstick myself? Is it just the heat that's slowing me down? what's my EXCUSE? is this normal?

How long is too long to "maintain" i.e. play with fire? that's what it is, I believe.
Is this length of time even permissible if I want this to be a life change?
I don't want to become complacent, but I also don't want to set myself up for failure...what the heck’s going on...?

Replies

• bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Well... maintaining is eventually what you want! If you're content with your current stats... then by all means... continue to maintain. Exercise is still important in the maintaining process, though. You're probably still eating fairly well... and that's why you're not gaining. You can't lose weight for the rest of your life, though! eventually you would waste away to nothing... you have to maintain at some point and be happy with that.
  • tairui2009
    tairui2009 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Everyone needs a break from time to time, and it's sometimes good for the body to have that time to rest and rebuild.

But when that break impacts momentum... it's probably time to start back...
  • kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    Options
    I agree, everyone needs a break. This is a great way to test your ability to continue to eat in the healthy range. :)
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    SHORT break it is...thx for your support! I feel like I can now allow myself to enjoy this time off and then enjoy getting back:)