what are the alternatives?

Options
2»

Replies

• XxmeetmydedicationxX
    Options
    I absolutely agree with some of the others on here that you shouldn't have to cut anything out of your diet! That being said, there are substitutions to whole wheat and skim milk that can save you a few calories (and still taste delicious!):

- Silk Unsweetened Almond milk --> Only has 30 calories in 1 cup, and I find it actually tastes better than actual milk does
    - Multigrain Weight Watchers bread --> Only has 100 calories for 2 slices of bread (really good taste too)

I'm on maintenance right now & I'm not dieting to lose weight, but I still love saving calories here and there so I can get more "bang for my buck" so to speak :-P (and to save room for dessert hehe)
  • hkb85
    hkb85 Posts: 37
    Options
    I eat whole wheat bread and skim milk and have lost 65 pounds

I'll one up you. I eat white bread and 2% milk and have lost 83lbs.

It's all about counting your calories people. Not cutting out foods.

I drink 3.2-3.8% milk
    oh wait - thats full cream
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    I drink loads of light soy milk :) Super filling and lots of calcium! :D
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    My opinion is this. I used to only drink skim milk or 1% and it's just not that good. I now only drink 2%. It is higher in calcium and yes, it's higher in fat, but it's less stripped of it's vitamins and nutrients that are so good for you. Just drink milk if you're going to drink milk in my opinion. Some people love almond milk but I just can't do it.

WHOLE wheat bread is great for you. You have to read labels. If there is any sort of enriched flour listed as an ingredient, don't buy it. Basically, don't buy any bread that doesn't list whole wheat flour as the first ingredient.