I can't get food off my mind

Options
Monday is my weigh in for week two...I stayed the same week one...I really want to show a loss (Tuesday will be my 42nd birthday). I have done really well all week, but today, Saturday I cannot get food off my mind. I have eaten fairly well but find the urge to snack overwhelming. I am not sure if maybe my food choices are not satisfying enough? Would a higher protein meal satisfy me longer? Breakfast I ate two small cappuccinos, 1 slice of rye toast with 1 teaspoon peanut butter on half, and vegemite with a hard boiled egg on the other half. Snacked on two prunes and 9 brazil nuts. Lunch I had a small flour tortilla with salsa, low fat sour cream, mashed kidney beans and lean ground pork and a pear. Snack was a thin tomato salsa flavoured rice cake. Then I had another cracker with a bit of pate and a thin slice of cheddar and a cup of tea. I have had 6 glasses of water so far. Supper tonight will be roast pork, brussels sprouts and roasted pumpkin. That gives me a total intake of 1400 calories (I am trying to keep at 1200). I went for a 20 minute slow walk and cut the lawn which took 30 minutes total (old fashioned push reel mower).

I could really use some advice for tomorrow. I usually plan what I will eat in the morning, at least for my main meals. I hope to do some more walking and sight seeing tomorrow (away from the house and temptation). I have 40 pounds to lose and I know I can do it...I just need a little help along the way....

Replies

• curvylady
    curvylady Posts: 135
    Options
    Monday is my weigh in for week two...I stayed the same week one...I really want to show a loss (Tuesday will be my 42nd birthday). I have done really well all week, but today, Saturday I cannot get food off my mind. I have eaten fairly well but find the urge to snack overwhelming. I am not sure if maybe my food choices are not satisfying enough? Would a higher protein meal satisfy me longer? Breakfast I ate two small cappuccinos, 1 slice of rye toast with 1 teaspoon peanut butter on half, and vegemite with a hard boiled egg on the other half. Snacked on two prunes and 9 brazil nuts. Lunch I had a small flour tortilla with salsa, low fat sour cream, mashed kidney beans and lean ground pork and a pear. Snack was a thin tomato salsa flavoured rice cake. Then I had another cracker with a bit of pate and a thin slice of cheddar and a cup of tea. I have had 6 glasses of water so far. Supper tonight will be roast pork, brussels sprouts and roasted pumpkin. That gives me a total intake of 1400 calories (I am trying to keep at 1200). I went for a 20 minute slow walk and cut the lawn which took 30 minutes total (old fashioned push reel mower).

I could really use some advice for tomorrow. I usually plan what I will eat in the morning, at least for my main meals. I hope to do some more walking and sight seeing tomorrow (away from the house and temptation). I have 40 pounds to lose and I know I can do it...I just need a little help along the way....
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    Tonkinese mom,

Go to the recipes section of the posts: also I've noticed lately that there are some running posts like "What's for breakfast?" or "What's for dinner"

There are many many websites with lowfat and low calorie choices.