Replies

• kdaughertyfp
    kdaughertyfp Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Water chestnuts
  • mikeyrs
    mikeyrs Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Walnuts, Almonds, and Pistachio nuts as well as ground flaxseed go into my salads, not just for crunchiness, but to manage total cholesterol too. Add fresh Dandelion leaves to your salads if you want to ensure sodium balance and manage water retention; it's tasty too.
  • shanniepk
    shanniepk Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Toasted whole grain pita bread or tortillas, with a little salt. Low cal and a good substitute for croutons or anything processed or fried. Also, chopped carrot chips, almonds, celery, cauliflower. But what I really love is to put a hearty garden salad inside a Joseph's Flax, Oat Bran and Whole Wheat pita with a small amount of dressing. It's so satisfying and one pita is only 60 calories, loaded with protien and fiber.
  • GrendlStig
    GrendlStig Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Crispy nori (seaweed) strips - available at any asian market. I buy them spaghetti-thin and they are crunchy like chow mein noodles. If you like sushi, then you'll like the taste. Great with a sesame ginger dressing. Nori by itself is an awesome (nearly zero) calorie snack, too.
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I love salad crunchies, here are a few of my favorites:

Sliced roast almonds are 40-50 cals/T
    Crumble 1/2 Aldi 90 calorie granola bar 45 cal
    Broccoli slaw 1/4 c 6 calories!
    Fiber One Bran Flakes 1/2 c 30 cals (great on yogurt too!)
    Pita chips (2 trader joes whole wheat mini pitas split, baked, quartered) 60 cals
    Trader Joes Fire Roasted Corn 1/3 c 55 calories
    Diced water chestnuts 1/4c 30 calories
    Diced granny smith apple and diced pear 1/2 c total 65 calories
    Yam Noodles, pan fried with light soy 1 package 50 calories

Slainte!:drinker:
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Crispy nori (seaweed) strips - available at any asian market. I buy them spaghetti-thin and they are crunchy like chow mein noodles. If you like sushi, then you'll like the taste. Great with a sesame ginger dressing. Nori by itself is an awesome (nearly zero) calorie snack, too.

I like it :)
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    sunflower seeds...pumpkin seeds....pear, celery, walnuts, pecans... to name a few..:tongue: