Hi..

Options
babyj0
babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
:smile: I've never done something like this, so I really don't know what I'm doing. Lol

I'm 23 years old at 5'8". I stepped on the scale this morning, and I'm at 167. For the past 3 years, I've gone back and forth not leaving the 160 mark. I'm tired of this... trully sick and tired.

I'm currently in my second serious relationship, and we're planning on moving out in a couple months. We're happy together. Been through some rough patches but he loves me.. yada yadda yadda. But I don't love myself. I have serious self-esteem issues. No matter how much he, or others, tell me I'm perfect.. I can never be happy with myself in the mirror. ESPECIALLY nude. I can't even have sex with my shirt off.

So...
My goal is to finally see myself.. naked... and be wow... I look good. Not doing this for my boyfriend, but for myself. I want to feel comfortable in my own skin. I want to stick to a plan, and not flake out. No more.

Please help.

Replies

• philmo84
    philmo84 Posts: 7
    Options
    I've just started doing this to and just off eating right and going to the gym i already feel better about my self ! I used to always feel bloated n that my shirts were pulling tight round my stomach! Ain't seen any miracles in the last 3 weeks but my fitness has tripled n I feel great with much more energy! Good luck, for me this is defiantly a new way of life
  • babyj0
    Options
    Hey there..
    I been going to the gym as well, I just don't feel like I'm doing it right. Or not enough. I get off work and I just feel sooo tired, so my motivation just drops.

What do you do too keep yourself motivated?.. and with energy, I might add. Lol
  • philmo84
    philmo84 Posts: 7
    Options
    Soon as I started eating better i felt better I used to eat pastry,bread chips n general rubbish think that's y I felt tired n bloated! Are u eating enough? Having some1 to go to the gym with u can sometimes help? I've got a Holliday booked for September this is also keeping me motivated
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I was like you as well. Hated to see myself naked and always had clothes on. I woke up one morning and said that I was tired of being disgusted with myself. I said I would give it 110% and if I failed then I was meant to be like this. I have gone to the gym for 1 month straight and I have cut out all of the junk food and soda....

When I get up in the morning I look forward to going to the gym. I do my weights for 30 minutes, come home and get ready for work.
    After dinner (an hour or so) I go to the gym and do my cardio. I find that having other people there motivates me. After awhile you see people and you think WOW, they look good. Then you wonder if they say the same about you.

My BF and family is very supportive of me starting this healthy journey. My mom also died young and I don't want that to happen to me.

I know that I will have ups and downs, but to be healthy and thinner is what I want and I have that set as a huge goal for me.
  • babyj0
    Options
    Thank you so much. This puts a smile on my face. :smile:
  • luckyj214
    luckyj214 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I'd love to be a part of your support group!!
    Add me and I will do the same for you!!
    have a great day!
  • kmartinixx
    kmartinixx Posts: 197
    Options
    Sending you an invite! I'm new, too, and we can all use some inspiration! :)