Banana Blueberry Protein Pancakes

wlaura88
wlaura88 Posts: 69 Member
These are the best things ever! I love to top them with PB2. It may seem weird but it somehow brings out the blueberry flavor more. These are super filling, so they are good when you have a long day ahead of you or after a particular grueling workout!

Ingredients:

1 Large banana or 1 1/2 medium bananas
1 whole egg (or you can replace with 3 egg whites)
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder ( I used Body Fortress)
1 tbsp of chia seeds
1 tsp of ground cinnamon
1/4 cup of blueberries

I would advise mashing the bananas before mixing in the other ingredients. When frying pancakes pour 1/4 of the batter in the frying pan, top with blueberries and cover with more batter. It should make 2 pancakes.

Nutritional info (2 pancakes, with whole egg): 344 calories, 8.6 gram of fat, 2.3 g of saturated fat, 247.5 mg of cholesterol, 130 mg of sodium, 33.1 g of Carbs, 9.1 g of fiber, 21.3 g of sugar, 22.3 g of protein

Replies

• lourdes1201
    lourdes1201 Posts: 25 Member
    BUMP!
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Is the protein powder necessary? I can't find it where I live. I realise they won't have much protein but will they still generally be around the same calories, filling, and delicious?
  • wlaura88
    wlaura88 Posts: 69 Member
    I think they will taste just as yummy without the protein powder! They might not be as filling because the amount of protein will be much lower (from 22.3 g to 9.3 g), but the calorie count would also be lower. I tracked it without the protein powder and it comes out to only 274 calories for two pancakes!