Woke up to a painful hip after an evening run

Bradfi
Bradfi Posts: 9 Member
My hip has been hurting since I woke up Monday morning. I ran pretty hard the night before, so I'm sure that I must have strained something regardless of my stretching. It's been popping and is spreading pain down my leg. Should I stretch it and ice it? Or is it just a time thing before I can go running again? Feeling ridiculously restless!

Replies

• WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Not a doctor, but sounds similar to bursitis (I developed this from running and dancing) I take it easy on the leg for a few days, do ice and anti inflammatories for the hip and if it doesn't feel better in a few days go see a doctor to make sure that I haven't damaged something worse than it already is
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    I had very similar symptoms to what you are describing and it was a strained ligament in/around my hip. If that is what you have, you really need to rest it for a few days and then gradually start stretching. It was about 2 weeks before I was back to normal.
  • Bradfi
    Thank you! I'm dying to go running, I have so much energy! but I know I need to give it time to "chill out" before I really hurt it. This is the longest I've gone without running in close to 2 months!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Probably go to the doctor....4days is a bit much
  • Bradfi
    Know this is a really late reply, but it is indeed bursitis. Ive struggled with this for 4 years now. Its the worst!
  • neilhoopy
    neilhoopy Posts: 280 Member
    Best go to docs with that..may need anti biotics or bursa to be drained