after you lost weight...did you become more mean?!!

Options

Replies

• manoozo
    manoozo Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    i was a ginger when i was at my heaviest and i'll be a ginger at my most fit. so, i'm just evil. but i'm ok with that.
    all my respect to loving yourself the way it is
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I am happier/friendlier when I am thinner. When I was overweight I was depressed and it reflected in the way I responded to other people.

A friend of mine told me her sister lost 100lbs with gastric bypass and became a completely different person once she lost all the weight and not in a good way!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Impossible.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    nah, I'm always a *****.
  • itsHealthy
    itsHealthy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    lol maybe they're just hungry?
    haha...this.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I was always mean. I'm actually happier now, because I have more energy to do things.

Have you ever noticed that hungry people get butt hurt really easy?
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    There's a saying about becoming wealthy, "Being rich doesn't change who you are, it changes the people around you."

Same can be true with weight loss.

Some overweight people view those who are in shape in a negative light. It's about their own insecurities. So if you've been the fat friend your whole life and you decide to make the change to take care of yourself...well some people can't deal with that.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    oh your right,,,,,,,most people do become nasty.........
  • manoozo
    Options

A friend of mine told me her sister lost 100lbs with gastric bypass and became a completely different person once she lost all the weight and not in a good way!
    that is exactly what i'm talking about
  • jenf235
    jenf235 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I always used my humor to draw attention away from my size before, but now that I have lost weight, I feel a lot happier! I have had so many people remark, "You have a glow of pure joy now!"
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Nope. I've always been mean, but only to the stupid.
  • manoozo
    Options
    I always used my humor to draw attention away from my size before, but now that I have lost weight, I feel a lot happier! I have had so many people remark, "You have a glow of pure joy now!"

nice job!!!! ;D
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    Nah, I was always a b!tch.
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    People don't like to hear the truth. I'm way more honest than I used to be, because I have more self confidence than before I started. If that makes me mean, so be it. :-)
  • Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I was told that I was "too nice" before I lost the weight and people still consider me to be "too nice" (which at times I don't take as a compliment) after losing weight. I can be mean though..when I'm hungry or tired (but this was the case before losing weight as well).
  • AndreaCAsh
    AndreaCAsh Posts: 1
    Options
    I haven't lost a lot, but I am definitely cranky because I am hungry. I hope that overall I'm not mean, but I might be meaner...
  • KxCoyote
    KxCoyote Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Since I've lost weight, I became more confident with myself and started speaking my mind/opinion more instead of just being a 'yes-man' type person. It's come across as mean a couple times, though I don't intend it to be.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    lol!

i stopped hearing excuses. before i lost the weight, i was full of them. now that i've sweat, cried and agonized through my 50lbs lost, i know better ;)

and hell yes i love myself more! i always used to put others first, which must have been very nice for them, because they had to put in zero effort to keep me around. now i'm first! as it should be.
  • manoozo
    Options
    There's a saying about becoming wealthy, "Being rich doesn't change who you are, it changes the people around you."

Same can be true with weight loss.

Some overweight people view those who are in shape in a negative light. It's about their own insecurities. So if you've been the fat friend your whole life and you decide to make the change to take care of yourself...well some people can't deal with that.
    i totally agree
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    This didn't happen to me because I didn't lose much weight, so I was able to retain my niceness. When people gain weight, they begin to store their niceness in their fat, so when they lose fat, they use the niceness for fuel (particularly on a 1200 calories diet), and some of it gets expelled through the breath, urine and sweat. But, muscle weighs more than niceness, so it's not the scale loss that matters, but the BF%. You should take your measurements. But, don't do a detox because that rids your body of niceness by flushing it out too quickly. Just let your liver do it's job! Don't drink too much alcohol. Do you even lift, bro?