anyone been to kettleball?

KendalBeee
KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
I think I might go to my first kettleball class tonight. Has anyone ever been to one of these? Liked it? Disliked it? Other thoughts?

Replies

• MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    what is it? (obviously, my answer is "no") :)
  • KendalBeee
    what is it? (obviously, my answer is "no") :)

its some type of aerobic class that involves weighted balls with handles
  • cymills
    cymills Posts: 133 Member
    My friend does it - she loves it ! I had not seen her for approx 6 weeksn and when I did- i thought she had lost mega weight! Nope- she had just toned through kettl ball sessions. She also stated she does not have her lower back issues she had 2 months ago. As with any program - try it - you may like it.
  • dragonfly__
    dragonfly__ Posts: 172 Member
    I have never been to a class but I do kettlebell exercises at home. It is a geat work out, very challenging and the results are pretty quick! I would love to try a class.... Hope you enjoy! :happy:
  • KendalBeee
    gonna bump this and see if I get more response :-)
  • BBJJMedic
    BBJJMedic Posts: 5
    YES!!! I have been doing kettlebells for the past 10 years. Learned about it while in the Army and have never put them down. The may seem a bit cumbersome and awkward but that is what makes them so effective and functional. Take its SLOW and use your whole body to move the KB through your space (its all in the legs and hips.) They will make you stronger than ever, build strong joints and burns loads of fat. Just start slow and light!!!! Any other questions about it feel free to ask!! ;)

Good luck and have fun!!
  • I absolutely love working out with them. They might be a little awkward at first, but you will get a great workout. :smile:
  • bergebl03
    bergebl03 Posts: 89 Member
    I just started using the kettlebell today and i already love it! It really works out your entire body.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    i have to admit not a big fan of the kettlebell but then again I dont think I was in the right frame of mind when I took the class. Willing to give it another shot. Have fun checking it out
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Never taken a class, but practice at home with a Gin Miller DVD and a 5lb. kettlebell. I'm still relatively new to it but man is it awesome! Full body workout and intense! I feel like it's the best workout I can do and the most effective! Hope you enjoy the class! :smile:
This discussion has been closed.