Not Enough Calories and No Tummy Rumbles

Options
2»

Replies

• Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    According to MFP, I should be consuming 1250 calories a day. I end up eating around 1,000 and burn 300 for an average of 700 net calories a day. I know I'm eating too few calories but I'm just not hungry, even after a really good workout. Does this mean that this is just how my body works and I'm fine (I'm still losing a healthy 1lb a week for a total of 10lbs *go me*) or do I need to figure out a way to incorporate healthy foods with higher calories? If I need to add higher calorie foods, any suggestions for some that are healthy?

I think this is fine. Your body will let you know when you need to eat. Some people need a lot of calories to function properly, some need less. I function very well on about 500 net calories. ANy more than that and I feel bloated, lazy, tired, heavy. I stop exercising and start spending a lot of time on the couch. Like you said, you are not losing weight too fast and you feel fine.

If you want to increase your calories without feeling stuffed, bananas have 105 calories, peanut butter has 90 per tbsp (but also a lot of fat), rice is high in calories and nothing else, as well as pasta.

How about you stop spreading your downright dangerous and stupid advice around the forum ? Seriously.
    Talk about trying to drag others down into your unhealthy lifestyle.

Couldn't of said it better myself.
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    According to MFP, I should be consuming 1250 calories a day. I end up eating around 1,000 and burn 300 for an average of 700 net calories a day. I know I'm eating too few calories but I'm just not hungry, even after a really good workout. Does this mean that this is just how my body works and I'm fine (I'm still losing a healthy 1lb a week for a total of 10lbs *go me*) or do I need to figure out a way to incorporate healthy foods with higher calories? If I need to add higher calorie foods, any suggestions for some that are healthy?

Hell I wished this happened to me...
  • AshlieCrabtree
    AshlieCrabtree Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think I'm going to start adding a little at a time to get my body to adjust. I added whole wheat toast with a tbsp of natural peanut butter to my usual greek yogurt only breakfast. I'm beyond stuffed right now but I'm sure my body will thank me later at the gym!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    both calerie amounts are way to low unles su are 120 pounds or less
  • AshlieCrabtree
    AshlieCrabtree Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Stats: Female, 25, 146 lbs, 5'2"