Feeling a bit ashamed of myself

Options
Hi Guys...

So last year I lost about 36 pouds, wasn't at goal (total loss needed to be about 50lbs). I had to stop losing weight for my wedding because of my dress being too big.

So that was 8 months ago. I've put back on about 5-6 lbs but i'm now hovering around 150lbs. so I have about 25lbs left to lose.

Thing is, I just can't get back into the swing of it. I'm doing NO exercise coz I feel awful, tired all the time, i'm eating not great, and when I do eat well I don't seem to lose any weight.

I know my attitude isn't in the right place but i'm so upset with where I am. I'm about a UK size 12 but not the nice curvy kind, the blobby kind. I'm only 5'5" so really a size 8 would be much better for my height. I'm not really broad either so I do just look fat. When I sit down my stomach rolls all the way around and I literally have a spare tyre (or two...)

I just don't know what to do. I need help to try and stop me comfort eating but I just can't seem to get back on this.

I don't understand why I keep falling back into old habits if I want to change so much. Feel like there's something wrong with me!

Btw stats:

Height: 5' 5"

SW: 178lbs
CW: 150lbs
GW: 126lbs

Replies

• quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I'm finding that my energy is increasing the more I exercise. So even though it was hard at first, now I'm wanting to do it all the time.
  • Salt_Sand_Sun
    Salt_Sand_Sun Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Eating better and getting enough sleep will increase your energy. Exercise will also increase your engery. So try to eat a little better, less processed foods and then get in a 30-45 walk. Once you start you'll feel the energy level start to slowly increase therefore making you workout more.

Its a circle..... its really hard to have one and not the other to make the circle complete.

Eat Well
    Drink lots of water
    Get 6-9hrs of sleep
    Start moving
    Repeat
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Just do it. Make yourself exercise no matter what the brain says. Start with small steps. A bit of exercise and better eating. I find the key is to just get going. Make it a priority. It will not happen on it's own. You will start to feel better and that should motivate you more. You can do this.
  • lambchoplewis
    lambchoplewis Posts: 797
    Options
    Just saw these words on another post and it is helpful:

Fake it till you make it. You can't sit around and wait for the motivation. You have to make the choice to start right now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. Right now. Eat right and exercise whether you're motivated or not and the motivation will follow.

Start small if you need to. Get in 10 minutes of exercise a day. It's a good bet that once you start you'll end up doing a little more and a little more until you're back in your routine.

Take things day by day. Tell yourself that today you'll make good choices. You may eat an entire cake tomorrow, but today you'll make a healthy choice instead. Rinse and repeat tomorrow and the next day and the next until your brain catches up with you.
  • InspiredSAM
    InspiredSAM Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have been in that exact same spot so many times. My last slump lasted a long time. I would ask myself if I was so depressed about it, why couldn't I convince myself to do anything about it. Then I finally set a "start" date and laid out my plan. I told other people about it. And then...I did it! I might only be on day 11 of my journey, but I am feeling so much better! And already 5 pounds lighter!

Only you can find that motivation. You will have to really want it. Once you find it, we can help you keep it! Good Luck!