Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I'm committed... Eat, Sleep, & Breathe Fitness! :)

So I'm 13 weeks into my weight loss journey with eating right and exercising. I'm down 32lbs, and 2 pant sizes. I'm feeling great about my progress. However I have noticed that it seems my friends think I am "too committed" and "pushing myself too hard" to reach my goal. I'm not hurting myself. I'm simply pushing myself to do what I know I'm capable of. I have great potential.

I just don't get why they have a problem with it...maybe because they are a bit out of shape as well? Maybe it's jealousy that I am going to look FREAKIN' FANTASTIC when I'm done? (least I hope so!) I finally decided to make my health a priority, and I really want to hit my goal weight by my birthday (April 1st, 2014) .... Technically I should hit it around February, but I'm giving myself a little wiggle room in case of plateaus, etc.

My days revolve around my drive to hit my goal weight. Everything I eat, I now look at it as "every 100 calories eaten takes 10 minutes of cardio to burn off" ... and it helps me avoid most of the foods that are really bad for me. I guess you could say I'm the type of person that needs constant motivation to stay on track. I *want* this to be on my mind all the time so I don't stray. I keep an old picture of me on my phone from when I was super active in school and in sports and looked great. I also have a picture showing me at my absolute worst. I look at them every time I get a craving and always manage to talk myself out of it. I plan social events around my workouts so I don't ever have the chance to make an excuse for why I didn't get to workout. My job is very non-physical (receptionist) so I have started to bring my dumbbells to work with me and found ways to do dips using the counter of my desk, etc.

I'm a lover not a fighter. I'm always the neutral party and want to please everyone. I just don't see why people are so negative and critical of me putting my health as a priority. I'm doing it the healthy way. No eating disorders, pills, or anything like that. This is one thing I am going to do for myself, and I don't care people have a problem with it. If they don't support me, then they aren't real friends.

At least I have my MFP friends. Y'all rock! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    It's like anything else. You'll have friends who get annoyed when you're a new mommy because you'll be so focused on your baby and that's all you want to talk about.
  • samanthajade124
    samanthajade124 Posts: 217 Member
    Don't get me wrong, I don't think they can be annoyed about it because I don't talk to them about it. I know they have no interest in getting healthy whatsoever. I've asked them several times politely to join me on walks or easy exercises, or coming over for healthier dinners... They've declined repeatedly. I'm not going to force them. We still hang out and have our fun. They just get upset when I put my health and my fitness as a higher priority over them. Which isn't often, but it does happen. They have very very unhealthy tendencies and I am not going to fail by putting myself in a situation where I know it would be very easy to give in.