Success With 1200 Calories?

Options
13»

Replies

• Amyp7777
    Amyp7777 Posts: 79
    Options
    I do 1200 calories and eat all my exercise calories about 3-4 times a week. I think this helps to account for MFP's over-estimating calorie burn for exercise. I have been losing weight slowly but have lost about 5 pounds in 3 months. I mainly eat "real" whole foods, so it's typically plenty of food for me. Does not cover happy hour or dinners out, though, which is why I just work out a little more on those days.

I think there's a big misunderstanding sometimes when people say "I am on 1200 calories". They typically mean that they NET 1200 calories most days, which is totally reasonable.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    My "goal" for MFP is 1550, but I honestly have a hard time eating that much in a day. Before I started this I'm pretty damn sure it's not eating enough that got me to the point were I was. Well, not eating enough and not eating anything of substance (McDonald's once or twice a week along with packaged foods loaded with fat and salt.) I'm a "picker." I pick at things throughout the day and often forget to eat meals. I'm just naturally not that hungry. Right now I try my absolute hardest to eat a minimum of 1200 calories after exercise and I've lost 50 lbs. It works for some people. Maybe some feel deprived, but I have a hard time forcing myself to eat.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    ya for about 5 min. You do lose initially but it really is not sustainable or all that good for you. You can accomplish the same thing eating your TDEE -20%

The only problem with TDEE is, it changes daily depending on what you do during the day.........

To the OP, 1200 is just fine for me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!