I want to make it!!

This coming May, there's a big event here in Helsinki, Finland for us women!

Now, I know that Finland has a small population (only 5million) but to us this is huge!

Two days I go I tested out my fitness level in stamina if I could even do this 10k run... and I could just and just.

http://www.naistenkymppi.fi/site/english.html

I got 50 days to improve and only 8hours ( this includes my weight training as well) a week to train, no more. Any tips or advice???!!

I want to make it!

C, Finland, Europe

Replies

• soughtout
    soughtout Posts: 28
    This coming May, there's a big event here in Helsinki, Finland for us women!

Now, I know that Finland has a small population (only 5million) but to us this is huge!

Two days I go I tested out my fitness level in stamina if I could even do this 10k run... and I could just and just.

http://www.naistenkymppi.fi/site/english.html

I got 50 days to improve and only 8hours ( this includes my weight training as well) a week to train, no more. Any tips or advice???!!

I want to make it!

C, Finland, Europe
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    This may or may not help you but.... several years ago Mens Fitness did a story about this Tri-Athelte. One look at this guy and the only sport you would think he was involved in was beer drinking. He had one of those huge but hard as a rock beer bellys but his fitness level was top level and he competed in some of the most difficult challenges.

I guess my point is that you can have a few extra Lbs on you and still have an excellent fitness level. If completing in this challenge is important to you then focus on it. The weight will still come off if you are doing all the right things with your food. go back to lifiting weights and toning when you have finished this challenge.

Tim
  • soughtout
    This may or may not help you but.... several years ago Mens Fitness did a story about this Tri-Athelte. One look at this guy and the only sport you would think he was involved in was beer drinking. He had one of those huge but hard as a rock beer bellys but his fitness level was top level and he competed in some of the most difficult challenges.

I guess my point is that you can have a few extra Lbs on you and still have an excellent fitness level. If completing in this challenge is important to you then focus on it. The weight will still come off if you are doing all the right things with your food. go back to lifiting weights and toning when you have finished this challenge.

Tim

was this the super dad thing, as he was carrying and lifting his disabled son?
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    No but thats a good one also. It was a story about body types and shapes. this guy was in really good shape as far as his heart and endurance was concerned...he just had a keg instead of a 6 pack.

i guess my main point was you can be in really good shape and have a few extra pounds on you. i think i missed you real need though.

If my goal was to compete in this type of event i would give up the weight lifting for the mean time and focus on my runing and cardio strength. Get a heart rate monitor if you dont already have one and set it for splits or something similar. Jog for a set time then for a smaller time sprint. this will help increase your cardio fitness. (check with your DR if you havent done so already)

check into it. every football, basketball almost every running sport athelte will tell you they have done similar exercises during training.

Tim
  • soughtout
    No but thats a good one also. It was a story about body types and shapes. this guy was in really good shape as far as his heart and endurance was concerned...he just had a keg instead of a 6 pack.

i guess my main point was you can be in really good shape and have a few extra pounds on you. i think i missed you real need though.

If my goal was to compete in this type of event i would give up the weight lifting for the mean time and focus on my runing and cardio strength. Get a heart rate monitor if you dont already have one and set it for splits or something similar. Jog for a set time then for a smaller time sprint. this will help increase your cardio fitness. (check with your DR if you havent done so already)

check into it. every football, basketball almost every running sport athelte will tell you they have done similar exercises during training.

Tim

alrighty then! Sounds like a plan, man:smile:

So far I can jogg
    40minutes
    6 kilometers per hour
    4kilometers
    incline 0-3 intervals

I should improve definately!!

Thanks for your guidance!

C, Finland, Europe