Question about getting pregnant

Options
meeper123
meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
I was wondering what sort of things I can do to help our chances of having a baby. We are having lots of um fun. lol I was wondering if there was any other things I can do to help our chances?

Replies

• allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Never hurts to make sure you are eating healthy (with a little emphasis on making sure you get enough folic acid) and a sufficient quantity of food in general that you're not actually starving, either from a macro standpoint or general vitamin/mineral balance.
  • meeper123
    Options
    folic acid ok thanks :D I try to hit my macros the best I can and I am taking a multivitamin
  • ImtheOnethatsCool
    ImtheOnethatsCool Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    chart your basal body temperature. (google it). Like most things in life, timing is everything.
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    We're trying too! My doctor put me on prenatal vitamins already (picked some up at Costco). She also recommended I download a calendar app to help track cycles and see when I'm most fertile. Good luck!
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I've read that they recommend you lay upside down or prop your hips up for twenty minutes...when you are done having your um fun!
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Yup, folic acid, charting basal temps so you can figure out when you're ovulating. Also, the more often you do it, the lower the sperm count (like if you did it twice in a day, the second time would be lower than if you waited for a day).
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Best advise I can give is to not stress about it. Chart if you like but don't become obsessive (e.g. I need to have sex today because its THE day).
  • midcoast_mommy
    midcoast_mommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    What worked for me was tracking cervical mucus/position and most importantly, RELAXING and not trying quite so hard. As long as you're ovulating and hubby's swimmers are okay, you should be able to get pregnant. Best of luck to you!
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    There are lots of ways that you can track your fertility to plan sex around ovulation (charting basal body temp, cervical mucus, etc.) I'd be happy to give you some information that if you'd like. Charting worked for us. Otherwise, I've also heard that males who smoke, consume alot of caffeine and are inactive have lower sperm motility which doesn't help much when trying to conceive. Just a couple things to keep in mind.

It was my understanding that you would want to have sex prior to ovulation so the sperm are present. I think alot of people "plan" for the day of ovulation which may be too "late". And yes, don't stress!!:) Good luck.
  • trixie315
    trixie315 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • meeper123
    Options
    What worked for me was tracking cervical mucus/position and most importantly, RELAXING and not trying quite so hard. As long as you're ovulating and hubby's swimmers are okay, you should be able to get pregnant. Best of luck to you!

we are trying a bit to hard perhaps maybe more romance less trying and def will track :) we might see a doc if no baby in a year or so ( he is even wearing boxers now we heard that helps lol)
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Just get drunk. That's worked for several people I know.
  • Jackson4590
    Jackson4590 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Go back to 16 and get in the backseat of an Audi? :)
  • meeper123
    Options
    Turn 16 and get in the backseat of an Audi?

x.x
  • wing5
    wing5 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Another thing that is really important is to NOT exercise excessively as this causes stress on your body also- so just doing something mod intensity each day and eating healthy is going to be better for you than going hard core trying to get fit! And I agree with the dont stress comment just track the times of the month when ov is occurring and if id doesnt happen just try again next month- the more worry you have the less chance it will happen. Good luck :)
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    bump for later

I found that lots of bumping for now worked wonders.
  • meeper123
    Options
    bump for later

I found that lots of bumping for now worked wonders.

Hahahahaha
  • meeper123
    Options
    Another thing that is really important is to NOT exercise excessively as this causes stress on your body also- so just doing something mod intensity each day and eating healthy is going to be better for you than going hard core trying to get fit! And I agree with the dont stress comment just track the times of the month when ov is occurring and if id doesnt happen just try again next month- the more worry you have the less chance it will happen. Good luck :)

oh..opps
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Just get drunk. That's worked for several people I know.

QFT