Options
2»

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    deesch wrote: »
    I'm addicted to Mountain Dew I used to drink diet But diet soda compromises your bladder and causes you to pee your pants after many years I suffered this problem
    Now I drink regular Mountain Dew didn't lose our gain any weight from it
    But my headaches if I don't drink it constantly and I found out the substance in it is the kind that used to make cars out of the but carbon and vegetable oil in Mountain Dew
    I need to stop

Caffeine is addictive. If you quit it cold turkey you will get headaches. Mountain Dew has a lot of caffeine. You can either cut down slowly, and/or replace the Mountain Dew with other caffeine sources such as coffee or tea.

Regular Mountain Dew has a lot of sugar and calories. If these calories cause you to eat more calories than your burn you will gain weight.

Fruit juice also has a lot of sugar and calories and not much more nutritional value. I would NOT recommend replacing Mountain Dew with fruit juice.

I know nothing of bladder problems caused by diet soda, or car substances, vegetable oil or carbon in Mountain Dew.

*I know this is a "necro thread", but @deesch obviously did a search for the topic because they wanted information on it. I don't see a problem with adding information. And I find it good that people search first rather than just starting new threads and I'd like to encourage that.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Replace with fruit juice. I don't believe in drinking your calories, but obviously you need the sugar for the headaches. Have 2 (6-8oz MEASURED) glasses of orange juce a day. After a week, water them down a little, and over the course of 2 weeks you should be down to only water.

Also, take exedrine for the headaches. I think it has a little caffeine or something that should help with the withdrawal. And, yes, those headaches indicate that you are actually going through withdrawal because of the mountain dew.

The headaches are due to caffeine withdrawal and have nothing to do with sugar.

ETA: poop...necro thread got me.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    deesch wrote: »
    I'm addicted to Mountain Dew I used to drink diet But diet soda compromises your bladder and causes you to pee your pants after many years I suffered this problem
    Now I drink regular Mountain Dew didn't lose our gain any weight from it
    But my headaches if I don't drink it constantly and I found out the substance in it is the kind that used to make cars out of the but carbon and vegetable oil in Mountain Dew
    I need to stop

Why of course!!502u39q9nvtm.jpg

ETA: how do I increase the image size?
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Oh and I woo’d for nothing!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Perhaps gradually cutting back would be a bit less unpleasant, rather than such a drastic change?

Also, it might be helpful to consider other sources of caffeine, such as coffee or tea, or even caffeine pills, that have no calories on their own.