Why so tired?

So in my quest to lose weight and get fit I have cut out the 3 cans of sugar free energy drink I was having each day. Whether it be coincidence or not but since then I have been ridiculously tired, mid afternoon comes and it's a real battle, then in the evenings o just feel exhausted.
I am still having caffeine in my diet, in the form of Pepsi Max or coke zero bit dies anyone have any suggestions as to how I can help with this tiredness?
I exercise 3-4 times a week, get between 7 and 7.5 hours sleep a night.
Really not sure what I can do any tips gratefully received.
Thank you :)

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    How long has it been since you've cut out the energy drinks? They could certainly be the culprit if your body hasn't adjusted yet.
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    It could well be the lack of energy drinks. Also, are you eating enough? If you don't eat back your exercise calories it may explain how you are feeling? (I know this from experience, didn't eat mine back for the first 4 days and nearly keeled over).
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    So in my quest to lose weight and get fit I have cut out the 3 cans of sugar free energy drink I was having each day. Whether it be coincidence or not but since then I have been ridiculously tired, mid afternoon comes and it's a real battle, then in the evenings o just feel exhausted.
    I am still having caffeine in my diet, in the form of Pepsi Max or coke zero bit dies anyone have any suggestions as to how I can help with this tiredness?
    I exercise 3-4 times a week, get between 7 and 7.5 hours sleep a night.
    Really not sure what I can do any tips gratefully received.

After that much energy drinks per day, your body was used to having it. Its probably rebounding now. Stay off the energy drinks and you will adjust. If it keeps up, see your doctor for blood work. But I bet it's because of the energy drinks. Not good for you at all!
  • llb79
    llb79 Posts: 4
    Thanks everyone, I thought that they would probably be the culprit. It's been since Tuesday so not long. Going to keep up with it and hope my body adjusts.
    Just had blood test results back from the doctors for something else and they're clear so looks like it's just a matter of time.

• SarahSmilesCA
    SarahSmilesCA Posts: 261 Member
    There are a lot of things that cause fatigue...the number one culprit on a diet is not eating enough each day...

Also too much stimulate can cause adrenal fatigue. You should research it. It might not just be detoxing from high energy drinks...