Healthy Peanut Butter Protein Cookies

Options
YoungDoc2B
YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
Hey guys,

Tried out an awesome protein peanut butter cookie recipe today that I found over on the Buff Dudes channel on Youtube. These are delicious. Based on the ingredients I used, each cookie came out to be around 130 calories. If you're ever wanting something sweet, go ahead and give these a try.

Ingredients

2 whole eggs (I used liquid egg whites to cut down on the calories/fat)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 Cup Stevia/ Sugar Substitute ( Didn't have any, so I used cane sugar)
3/4 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Cup Vanilla Whey Protein

Directions

1) Preheat oven to 325F
2) Add eggs to a mixing bowl, followed by vanilla extract and sweetener. Mix Well
3) Measure out Peanut butter & whey protein; add to mixing bowl. Mix all ingredients
4) Take a cookie sheet and spray it lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Form dough into Ping-Pong sized balls, and space them equally on the sheet.
5) Take a fork dipped in whey and mash cookies down into traditional "criss-cross" shape
6) Bake for 5-7 minutes (Mine took 6)
7) Enjoy

Nutrition Facts (per cookie). Dough yields a Baker's dozen

Cals: 130
Carbs: 9g
Fat: 8g
Protein: 8g
Fiber: 1g

20130523_165749_zpse406f89b.jpg

20130523_165926_zpseef40260.jpg

Replies

• suggarpeterson
    Options
    Looks yummy!!! Forgive me being new to the "diet" world but, what is Whey Protein?
  • tammigee13
    tammigee13 Posts: 18
    Options
    looks great!! =)
  • YoungDoc2B
    Options
    Looks yummy!!! Forgive me being new to the "diet" world but, what is Whey Protein?

Just a type of protein powder. Many people use it to supplement their daily diets, in order to hit their protein macro
  • FierceV_Phat
    FierceV_Phat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    The fat girl that lives inside of me told me to bump this.......making these soon
  • MzzNkki
    MzzNkki Posts: 57
    Options
    bump!
  • YoungDoc2B
    Options
    The fat girl that lives inside of me told me to bump this.......making these soon

Lol! Hope you enjoy
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Looks awesome, thanks!
  • jess0105
    jess0105 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Eek they look so tasty! Will definately be trying this recipe, thanks for sharing. :)
  • newNRGkate
    newNRGkate Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    BUMP for PB goodness!
  • beckyzalldat
    beckyzalldat Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Yummy!!!! Imma make these...I haven't had a cookie in foreverrrrr....thankz :))))
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I bet these would be good made with 1/2 vanilla and 1/2 chocolate whey, for that little bit of chocolate flavor with the PB.

Yum.
  • YoungDoc2B
    Options
    I bet these would be good made with 1/2 vanilla and 1/2 chocolate whey, for that little bit of chocolate flavor with the PB.

Yum.

Most def. Make sure you let us know how it turns out!
  • mjhelton
    mjhelton Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

Tried out an awesome protein peanut butter cookie recipe today that I found over on the Buff Dudes channel on Youtube. These are delicious. Based on the ingredients I used, each cookie came out to be around 130 calories. If you're ever wanting something sweet, go ahead and give these a try.

Ingredients

1 tsp vanilla extract
    3/4 Cup Peanut Butter

Directions

1) Preheat oven to 325F
    2) Add eggs to a mixing bowl, followed by vanilla extract and sweetener. Mix Well
    3) Measure out Peanut butter & whey protein; add to mixing bowl. Mix all ingredients
    4) Take a cookie sheet and spray it lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Form dough into Ping-Pong sized balls, and space them equally on the sheet.
    5) Take a fork dipped in whey and mash cookies down into traditional "criss-cross" shape
    7) Enjoy

Looks and sounds yummy! Have you tried using PB2 for peanut butter substitute for even less calories?
  • mjhelton
    mjhelton Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LilMissAmers
    LilMissAmers Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I'll give these a shot for my birthday gathering this weekend :)
  • YoungDoc2B
    Options
    Hey guys,

Ingredients

1 tsp vanilla extract
    3/4 Cup Peanut Butter

Directions

1) Preheat oven to 325F
    7) Enjoy

Looks and sounds yummy! Have you tried using PB2 for peanut butter substitute for even less calories?

Nah, but that's a good idea. I'm wondering how the consistency would be.
  • TheRightWeigh
    TheRightWeigh Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    BUMP on them boys
  • dieKriegerin77
    Options
    fantastic!
  • lqmustang
    lqmustang Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    bump for some baking this weekend..