Am I losing weight too fast?

Options
It has been 33 days and I have lost 5.5 kgs. I have been eating better (more veggies) while still enjoying the food I love in small quantities and also did the 30 day shred plus walking I usually go over my calories on the weekends. I weigh myself everyday as I think it helps keep me motivated if I weigh more one day then I will try do better that day if I weigh less I can treat myself I started at 98 and now I am 92.2...

I want this for the long term so I am not sure if I am losing the weight too quickly ?

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating?
  • mmoonstars
    mmoonstars Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    The first month you tend to loose quicker and faster than the rest of the time as your body adjusts to your new changes. Considering it sounds like you've cut your calories by quite a bit and upped your exercise a lot, it's not surprising. I just don't think that rate of loss will continue, closer to 1kg a week is probably more likely over the long term, if that high even.

Keep at it though sounds like you are doing a great job so far!
  • ShelbyNicole08
    Options
    Based off of seeing your activity I dont think you are also in the beginning you typically lose more because you are shocking your body into healthy lol. :) I lost 11 LB my first month and now it is slowing down to more of a normal rate of 1-2 lb a week. Not sure if that will help.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I would say initially that is not too fast but I think you may want to set a goal of losing a pound a week to have greater success in the long run.
    Your body will probably adjust to this on its own anyways after getting accustomed to the changes you are making with diet and exercise.
  • TheLittleVoice91
    Options
    how tall are you?

usually if you lose weight fast and not in the right way, once you start eating normally you will gain it all back. thats what happened to me :/
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I'd say you're doing just fine. It's going to come off much faster in the beginning, just enjoy it while it does! It'll slow down and be more steady soon. Don't let that stress you out either.
    Well done!
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    No, you aren't. You'll be losing quickly when you start and then you'll have periods where things go slower. It's nothing to worry about-- especially if you are getting all your nutrients and you are not experiencing any negative physical issues.
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    First off, great job on your progress so far :)

To answer your question, most people lose a significant amount the first month, and then the weight lose slows. The first month I lost 8 lbs I think. Not as much as you, but I also started at a lower weight and didn't really start exercising or watching my calories till later. So I think the 5.5 kg/ 12 lbs you lost is probably accurate for your first month :)

Just keep doing what you are doing and good luck! :D
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    How many calories per day do you average? If you go too low, it will make it harder to lose as you get close to your goal weight, because your body will be used to getting by with very low calories at a much higher weight and you can only go so low and sustain life.On the other hand, I have heard of people losing large quantities initially when they start out carrying a lot of fat. Be prepared for a plateau, at which time you may have to start eating a bit more (and maybe even gaining a little) in order to lose more.
  • tanyalevan
    tanyalevan Posts: 182
    Options
    I have an open diary if someone is willing to take a look? I am suppose to have 1450 cals some days I am under and some I Am over and then i would normally exercise to bring it back down.. I don't feel hungry if I do then I eat.
    I'm getting really confused as to what to do cos the main goal of mine is to not over eat as I use to do that a lot before starting.

Thanks everyone for your responses!

But if someone could give me their honest opinion on my diary that would be great!