7 month progress (pic)

Options
Hi everyone! Tried MFP before, but gave up on it. I decided to join it again to log my training. I'm not focusing too much on calorie counting, but I do look at what I eat. I would appreciate some support and motivation, so feel free to add me and I'll will do my best to support you as well.

My goal is to drop my weight to 260 lbs (eventually) to get into a lower weight class in powerlifting... Here is my progress thus far. Pic on the left - Nov 2012 (~270 lbs), pic on the right - today, May 2013 (274.6 lbs). I gained weight, but I think I look a bit leaner.

Replies

• b_am6
    b_am6 Posts: 18
    Options
    Sorry, working on the pic...
  • b_am6
    Options
    Here it is!

11sf0p1.jpg
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    You definitely look leaner!! And your legs a lot more muscular! Great job!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    You do look leaner. You look great. Congrats on your progress and keep up the great work. :flowerforyou:
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    Lookin' good! Congrats!
  • b_am6
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • greenfalls107
    greenfalls107 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I rarely reply to any pic progress postings. But I have to admit, yours got me on a personal level. I have been extremely frustrated my weight is not dropping by much. I have only lost 5lbs since the beginning of the year and haven't dropped on the scale for over 60 days. I am so frustrated, but my size is changing. Its very bizarre my size is smaller, but my weight is higher than when I fit in the smaller size I do now (like 15 years ago).

Looking at your before and after pictures really helped me see that building muscle is not the same as gaining weight. Even if my scale says it is.

thank you, you can see a big difference and you look great. Keep up the great work.
  • mistyme
    mistyme Posts: 26
    Options
    Congratulations! Great work :)
  • DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    You DEFINITELY look leaner...CONGRATS! :flowerforyou:
  • JasonT1973
    JasonT1973 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy... and yes I notice the difference in muscle... but you didn't look bad to start with. Now granted that's coming from a guy whos sole focus is weight loss.
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    I see a BIG difference! You look leaner, especially around your waist. Your legs look more muscular too. Great job! :flowerforyou:
  • b_am6
    Options
    I rarely reply to any pic progress postings. But I have to admit, yours got me on a personal level. I have been extremely frustrated my weight is not dropping by much. I have only lost 5lbs since the beginning of the year and haven't dropped on the scale for over 60 days. I am so frustrated, but my size is changing. Its very bizarre my size is smaller, but my weight is higher than when I fit in the smaller size I do now (like 15 years ago).

Looking at your before and after pictures really helped me see that building muscle is not the same as gaining weight. Even if my scale says it is.

thank you, you can see a big difference and you look great. Keep up the great work.

Thanks! I lost about 4 inches of my waist. I never really worry about the weight anyway, so long as I'm getting leaner. Scales only show half the truth.
  • b_am6
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the support and your kind words! :)
  • mackemom
    mackemom Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    You look leaner in right pic! Shows the scale isn't always the best indicator of success! Congrats!
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Great job! Really goes to show that the hard work and dedication pays off. :happy:
  • b_am6
    Options
    Thanks again everyone! I knew I can count on MFP for support! :)
  • b_am6
    Options
    I should also add that my diet was pretty hectic, and that if I ate clean during that period I would probably see better results...
  • chinalavy
    chinalavy Posts: 104
    Options
    Wow legs you are doing great
  • Sweetcherrytree
    Sweetcherrytree Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I agree my clothes are falling off me, scale has not moved, I was sooooo frustrated
  • aliciaaw
    aliciaaw Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You look great
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!