Getting it off my Chest and Apology.......................

Options
2»

Replies

• July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for their replies.

I am humbled and grateful for everyone that read and/or commented.
  • veggieheadie
    Options
    I actually haven't read anything that you've posted that has been offensive, but I'm SO glad that you mentioned that you are a low-carb'er. Yesterday, my doctor told me to cut back on my marathon training and cut carbs and fat until I lose 20 more pounds. I've been having terrible leg pain and he says losing the extra weight that I need to lose will help my running. So I'm glad you posted. I need help figuring out a low carb diet that works and I need it to work well. What is the best plan that you've found so far??
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I actually haven't read anything that you've posted that has been offensive, but I'm SO glad that you mentioned that you are a low-carb'er. Yesterday, my doctor told me to cut back on my marathon training and cut carbs and fat until I lose 20 more pounds. I've been having terrible leg pain and he says losing the extra weight that I need to lose will help my running. So I'm glad you posted. I need help figuring out a low carb diet that works and I need it to work well. What is the best plan that you've found so far??

I like the Primal Blue Print, but I was doing Atkins before and I have had success.

I have these books at home and have read all of them:

Neanderthin
    South Beach
    Primal Blue Print
    Atkins Nutritional Approach 2002 edition
    Protein Power
    The Zone
    Sugar Busters
    Scarsdale Diet

Each plan is very, very similar - however they are all different. The main thing is to research which plan fits your goals and lifestyle.

Ask yourself............

Do you need more or less structure? Atkins is very structured (foods are added in a specific manner called the carb ladder), South Beach is semi-structured and Primal Blue Print has just eat this and don't eat that type of guidelines.

How strict do you want to be? Some plans are stricter than others.............
  • veggieheadie
    Options
    The primal blue sounds more like what I'm looking for. I have a really hard time sticking to structured diets, however, I can do an "eat this/not that" plan. That sounds great. Thanks for the input. I'll have to look it up online and try to buy the book. I've never heard of it before, so hopefully it will be easier to find. Thanks again.
  • leavinglasvegas
    leavinglasvegas Posts: 1,495
    Options
    :tongue:

Glad your my friend you crazy, low carb, meat eating girl!:laugh: :wink:

I love your info. Always look forward to what you have to say. But you know that.