My Formula for my Calories Goal...opinions?

Options
brentbarrie
brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
BMR = 1747
TDEE = 2905 (seems high to me)

BMR + TDEE = 4652

4652 / 2 = 2326 (average of the two)

I have my goal set at 2000

Does this seem reasonable?
Should I average out my goal and the average of my TDEE + BMR and make that mo goal (2153)?

Replies

• sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Your TDEE is your BMR x activity level. So 1 lb a week would be 2405 not adding anything back for exercise. You don't add the BMR and TDEE together.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    The outcome isn't unreasonable but a) you didn't state your goals and b) you didn't explain your rationale for doing the average thing

so it's hard to give an opinion.
  • brentbarrie
    brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    The outcome isn't unreasonable but a) you didn't state your goals and b) you didn't explain your rationale for doing the average thing

so it's hard to give an opinion.

My goals are on my profile. But they are to get my body fat down to a healthy level (currently at 21, would like to be down near 10). I want to be comfortable without a shirt on and be able to walk around without anything jiggling around. I just want to be overall more healthy. I am 5'8" and 165lbs.

I did the average thing because I feel that 2905 is high for me. Im full between 2000 and 2300 which is the around average of my TDEE and BMR. I'm still trying to figure those all out.