Wanna get a six pack abs

Options
:smile: Hi everyone, I'm a mother of 2. I been working out for 15 months and lost 19kg (56.5kg) now ,168cm.i can feel the abs under my stomach but couldn't get it show.please advice.thx

Replies

• krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Without pictures and height it's hard to evaluate but from what you have said, I think you have more fat to shed off before actual visible abs... You need to have a lowr body fat percentage to be able to see them.
    I general a women can see there abs anywhere below 14% BF I think
  • jimithegreek
    Options
    Without pictures and height it's hard to evaluate but from what you have said, I think you have more fat to shed off before actual visible abs... You need to have a lowr body fat percentage to be able to see them.

This......you can do ab exercises to strengthen the area, but need to reduce fat to see the abs. Continue to exercise and burn more calories than you consume.
  • Sugarmama80
    Options
    So you r saying if I consume 1000 calories per day.i need to burn over 1000 calories?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    So you r saying if I consume 1000 calories per day.i need to burn over 1000 calories?

NO!

You need adequate nutrition. Trying to burn what you eat is a way to burn up muscle. You need to eat a moderate calorie deficit. Abs are made in the kitchen eating nutritious foods and fueling your body.
  • wandadars
    wandadars Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I don't think he was suggesting to burn everything you eat. That might not be healthy.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

False. I could see mine at 20%. I am currently around 18% and can see them.
  • Jskelly79
    Jskelly79 Posts: 2
    Options
    ABS ARE BUILT IN THE KITCHEN THEY SAY!!!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Everybody has six pack abs, the trick is getting them to show. Like previously said, for them to pop out, its starts & ends in the kitchen. Depends on where & when your body starts to burn the fat on your midsection. Eat correctly and they will come around at some point. How bad you want it is where its at.
  • Sugarmama80
    Options
    Thx, my BMI is 20 .should I avoid carbohydrate?(white bread,rice,pasta)
  • lauren11549
    Options
    if you are truly eating only a thousand calories a day, your body is probably in starvation mode. you need more calories to help lose weight. I know it sounds crazy, but it is true.Denise Austin's website said, "everyone has a six pack, but if you have to much insulation around your abs you just can't see it". Made sense to me! Do some reading on nutrition, I think you will find it is very helpful.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Thx, my BMI is 20 .should I avoid carbohydrate?(white bread,rice,pasta)

I avoid simple carbs (white rice, pasta, etc...)

I eat plenty of complex carbs (whole wheat, whole grain, brown rice) Mainly because they taste better to me, keep me felling full longer which helps in on the days I don't burn 1000-2000 calories where I might pack in 5000 calories from the plate.

Lean meats (fish/chicken), quinoa, red/black beans, turkey burgers, tuna are the main stay in my protein consumption.
  • Sugarmama80
    Options
    Thx everyone for the advices. Any good snack idea good for muscle build but low in fat?