I keep getting sick after the gym!!

Options
I don't know what's going wrong but I keep getting sick the day after going to the gym! I wipe down the equipment before and after I use it,,, could it be my body getting use to working out?? It actually hindered me from going for a week and going on days I would've but I wanted to get better so I really haven't been able to go as regularly as I want. I get anything from a low grade fever to... Bathroom issues :/ please anyone have any advice? No I can't go to another one can't afford it right now.. Any thing is appreciated, thank you

Replies

• marleyjanish1
    marleyjanish1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Are you taking any kind of supplements? Sometimes that will make you feel crappy after working out.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    What are you doing in the gym? I used to get sick if I overdid the cardio.
  • hkb85
    hkb85 Posts: 37
    Options
    Whats your diet like?
    Has it changed at all?
    Is it possible you have an underlying condition that you dont know about? Maybe pay a visit to the doctors
    Are you pushing yourself too hard?
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    How long have you been going? I don't know if it helps but when I first started going I would constantly get low grade fevers too, afterward. They disappeared within a couple of weeks though.
  • mycupyourcake
    mycupyourcake Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    How do you feel after it all? Are you lethargic? If you get stomach pains, throw up and have diarrhea you need to see your Dr. very soon and be evaluated for adrenal insufficiency.
  • mycupyourcake
    mycupyourcake Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    How long have you been going? I don't know if it helps but when I first started going I would constantly get low grade fevers too, afterward. They disappeared within a couple of weeks though.

Low grade fevers are not normal either. IT's your body having a hard time with the exercise and points to an underlying medical issue.
  • Dlewis8288
    Dlewis8288 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm taking a prenatal (no not pregnant) and I'm only eating better, as far as pushing myself I do push my self a little at a time I do the elliptical for an hour but broken up half in the beginning half at the end.. I'll have to see the doctor I guess :(
  • eeeegads
    eeeegads Posts: 3
    Options
    I've been running and having the same issue. I have started eating a banana about an hour before working out, and drinking Gatorade while running (not Powerade, because PA has HFCS, whereas Gatorade is Sucrose and Glucose). It seems to be helping. Depending on what you are doing, it could be that your core muscles are compensating for other muscles that aren't yet strong enough for your workout. This can cause GI issues, as can dehydration. Hopefully you can find something that works for you.
  • Dlewis8288
    Options

Low grade fevers are not normal either. IT's your body having a hard time with the exercise and points to an underlying medical issue.
  • Dlewis8288
    Options
    I feel great after! Tired.. Maybe a little hungry lol but I sweat my butt off and maybe sometimes my stomach feels tight but goes away.
  • Dlewis8288
    Options
    I'm a very big water drinker but I will try gaterade an see if that helps :)
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Have you tried exercising outside to see if the same thing happens? If it is a gym only problem, there may be some kind of bacterial issue or mold in the building that is causing you problems.

I've been in the construction business in the past, and mold is a real problem in a lot of buildings. Mold remediation is difficult and expensive, so building owners put it off. A gym is the perfect environment for mold, and you may be extra sensitive to it.

Definitely try outdoor or at home exercise to see if the building is the issue.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Odd. It could be related to change in diet but its strange with the fever. I would consult a doctor.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wonder about people.........

Why ask on an internet forum about this?????????

Either it is a troll thread or you are clueless......sorry to say that but if this is true why have you not gone to a Doctor?