what to do..............?

Options
JenRei87
JenRei87 Posts: 91 Member
So I'm eating right, always burn off excess calories, doing cardio and just started weight training but I haven't lost any weight for some months now. In fact I've GAINED a couple of pounds which has really bummed me out. I got told to eat more so I did but that was what led to my gaining those pounds! I seriously don't know what do do anymore! I work out for like and hour and a half every day! Any ideas. -_- Obviously I won't stop working out but I would really love to finally see that stupid scale budge! >_<

Replies

• nagniho
    nagniho Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    As many will tell you here..exercising is great but weight loss is 80% of what you eat! How much are you eating and what did you base your caloric intake on? Open you diary so that people can review and help.
  • worshiptheking148
    Options
    well did you look at your inches?
  • JenRei87
    Options
    they've been the same since I lost the other 54 pounds, the majority of those I lost before I got on here.... I'm glad they haven't gone up but bummed out that they haven't gown down...---
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Some people go down 3 dress sizes, and they stay the same weight. Try "zig-zagging" how much you eat. Eat more one day, less another, etc. Our body can get used to something and then we don't see as strong results. Try switching things up while you workout. Do something different.
  • JenRei87
    Options
    hmmm zig-zagging....i like it...never tried that... I did start varying workouts, I just started doing the Butt Bible by Pauline Nordin, as well. Hopefully that helps. Will try that!! thanks! ;)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Try eating your exercise calories.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Too much processed foods...try more natural items, fish, chicken and fruits and veggies. Quality of food will help get you off the plateau. I use no fake sweeteners either and finally started losing after months of not.

Food scale, measuring cups and heart rate monitor too.
  • mamacita721
    mamacita721 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Try eating real food. (I have been swapping things out slowly myself; it sucks at first.) There is a whole lot of processed junk in your diary. Track your sodium, I am willing to bet that it is well over the MFP recommended 2500.
  • JenRei87
    Options
    actually i do keep a track of my sodium, I try not to have too much of it, still I'll check it out, what has a lot of sodium in my diet btw? Plus I hardly eat any "junk"
  • JenRei87
    Options
    i cannot have "real sugar" not as a diet thing, its another reason
  • JenRei87
    Options
    I asked the doctor about eating my exercise calories...not recommended according to her at least...?
  • JenRei87
    Options
    Anywho, thanks.. I've heard enough. Will try your recommendations!:smile:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I asked the doctor about eating my exercise calories...not recommended according to her at least...?

She may not understand how MFP works. If you were eating maintenance calories and exercising to get your deficit then you wouldn't eat them. But if you already have a deficit, which you do here, then you eat at least most of them back so that your deficit isn't too large.

Are you using a food scale? I saw you had logged 10 calories worth of avocado, which is a tiny amount.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Anywho, thanks.. I've heard enough. Will try your recommendations!:smile:

is that because is wasn't what you wanted it hear? :indifferent:
  • marygee1951
    marygee1951 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Diary closed now - so can't review in effort to help you out.