Uneven weight loss

Options
I have been logging in to MFP for around a month now and exercising 4 times a week and have noticed that I have lost most of my weight from the right side of my body.

It is noticeable and I am wondering where I am going wrong, most of my exercise classes work out both sides of my body so it seems strange. I have been doing spinning, body combat and body pump classes with some yoga thrown in - which I thought would have been an even workout.

Does anyone have any tips to even myself out?

Replies

• Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of that? How is that even possible!? I'm interested in the suggestions you get.
  • jamie11k
    jamie11k Posts: 82
    Options
    Wow, I've never heard of this before! Since spot-reductions are a sort of make-believe thing, I would suggest keeping up with those workouts. You'll tone up and burn up body fat, so once your body catches up to itself, hopefully you will like what you see!

Make sure you keep up on your water, and down on sugar and salt. You could be holding onto extra water to repair muscle as well. The more you drink, the less you hold onto!

Good luck, and let us know how it goes in another couple of weeks!
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of this before either...................I am wondering if this has to do with "dominate side". Maybe in your classes you are working out one side of your body a bit harder than the other side and the result is more toning due to the extra effort and you are not even aware that your doing this..............

Unique!!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    My left side is my dominant side so all the muscle I've gained...is usually more so on the left side, or places where I've lost weight but not really gained muscle, are smaller on the left side. I wouldn't say I'm dispropotioned, though, because it's usually only by 1/2-1". Maybe this is what you're experiencing?
  • rskidmore
    rskidmore Posts: 212
    Options
    I've had this in my arms before. I'm right handed, so that arm is a lot stronger than my left arm. Because my left arm is weaker it is worked more than my right arm even though I'm doing the same thing on both sides. Does that make sense? So maybe you have to do more on the left side of your body whether it's using a heavier weight on that side or what.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    lost more weight or is more toned?

I have back problems so I cannot bend or lift well with my left leg ... so even in spin or bending over to fill the dog bowl, etc, I use my right leg a lot more (and it's dominant anyway...) so my right is way more toned. My butt is saggy on the left but not on the right :laugh:
  • michellebradshaw78
    Options
    Thanks for all of you replies, I agree, my right side is more dominant and stronger so that is probably the main reason. I think my posture is pretty bad - I have noticed that when I drive I slump over to the left a bit, I think I need to see a personal trainer to help me rebalance my muscles and posture. Maybe when I am doing body pump I will use a heavier dumbell in my left than my right, should check with the instructor that I won't hurt myself first though!

I am definitely a couple or so pounds heavier (fatter) on my left!