Hello! 20, Hypothyroidism, and workin hard!

durentis
durentis Posts: 6 Member
I'm new here, and I'm not 100% sure how this is going to go. I've been lacking motivation as of late, and I really needed something to boost my morale.
So hopefully this helps.

I have hypothyroidism, and am currently on 100 mcg of Synthroid. It helps, but it doesn't really boost the weight loss.
I was on Adipex for a while, and that helped, but it tore my anxiety apart, so I opted out of taking that.

I've been able to maintain my weight at 160 for about a year and a half, but I want to prove that I can lose weight and keep it off on my own without the help of medicine.

I don't have many friends on here, so hopefully some of you add me!

:heart:

Replies

• SmurphyKU
    SmurphyKU Posts: 62 Member
    Hey and welcome!! I'm 20 as well. Just added you! You'll love it here, this place is the best for motivation!
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Added! Anyone else looking for some support/friend can add me too :)
  • TOPSmarca
    TOPSmarca Posts: 187 Member
    I have hypothyroidism and if your levels are good, you should not have too much extra trouble losing weight. Getting them level and keeping them there can be a challenge though!!! I am on 112 mcg of synthroid(T4) and 15 mcg of cytomel(T3). Being on both has REALLY helped me!!! This is an awesome site for motivation and encouragement!!! I am a lot older than you but if you would like an old chick for a friend, send me a request!!!