Heart Rate Monitor

Options
What HRM do you use? What are the pros and cons. I am looking to get one but don't know which to pick.

Replies

• ttjc24
    ttjc24 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    been using polar h7 for about 2 weeks now and its really good. it doesnt sync with MFP but adding the exercise and burn rate on here is easy. you can get it with a watch or just the monitor and strap and sync it to your idevice and use the free app on there.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    been using polar h7 for about 2 weeks now and its really good. it doesnt sync with MFP but adding the exercise and burn rate on here is easy. you can get it with a watch or just the monitor and strap and sync it to your idevice and use the free app on there.
    When you say "sync it to your idevice", does that include my home computer or do I have to have some other hand held device?
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4, bought from Amazon for ~$64. It does the job and is easy to use. :)
  • ttjc24
    ttjc24 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    my understanding is it synced via bluetooth exclusively. so you would need an iphone or ipad or ipod touch. or you can ge the one with the watch feature that doesnt require it to sync to anything
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    I have a pretty generic one from Walmart...I paid ~$65 for the strap and the watch. It doesn't sync to anything. But it's awesome! I've used it every day since January and I don't know what I'd do without it. :) I've been losing and I'm a believer!
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Garmin FR 60 recommended by my son who manages a Sports store. Easy to use.
  • LaurenEFord
    LaurenEFord Posts: 15
    Options
    I have the Polar E40. I really love it but it was a tad pricey- about $120 for the watch and strap. Easy to use, waterproof, and doesn't pick up interference from other HR monitors that may be close. The target zone is also programmable.
  • Alison12121
    Alison12121 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 and I love it! It doesn't have all the fancy training features that the more expensive models have, but it's perfect for me because I just want to know my heart rate and the calories I've burned.
  • Zeppyb
    Zeppyb Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Polar FT40. It's a watch with chest strap. It does not have the Bluetooth. I think it was around $100 on Amazon. Only had it less than a month, but love it. I chose it because you can do your own VO2 test to be really accurate and enter that data in manually or go by the Fit test and let it figure the VO2 or "own cal" reading. When I did my own VO2 test and then let it figure it out, the results were almost identical so that helps assure me that my calorie burn readings are accurate.