Adjustments to make Zumba more effective

Options
I have been using Zumba fit 2 for the Wii for almost three months now and I LOVE it, but find that it is getting almost too easy to complete an hour to an hour and a half. Yes I sweat, but not the kind of sweat that I work up when doing some of the workouts on youtube like the Denise Austin ultimates...well you know the ones out there.
The thing is, I realllllllly enjoy Zumba and don't want to give it up completely. I was thinking about purchasing some ankle and wrist weights to make me work a bit harder during the workouts. Has anyone found this to be an effective way of increasing body effort and in turn causing the workout to be a more efficient burn?
Thanks in advance for any advice on the subject.
~Purp

Replies

• Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    When we tone town the moves we don't shake our arms or tush as much..... maybe do the opposite. Add a little to the routine to make it tougher.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Thanks I do try to compensate in that manner. A few people (not mfp obviously as this thread is practically bare) have mentioned ankle and wrist weights to me. I might try this.
  • Lexi507
    Lexi507 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert, but it seems to me that trying to do Zumba moves with ankle weights could be dangerous. I don't think that would be a good idea. Zumba does have a workout with toning sticks, so you might be able to use heavier weights for that one. I think the best way of upping the intensity would be to combine moves - maybe instead of doing one of the easier sections, you could try to do burpees or pylo along with the music - just something bodyweight that would work.