Failure to meet goal. But not discouraged!

Options
Kinda bummed that I will not be at my goal for next week... However I'll be half way there so I guess that's good! I need to stop setting expectations that are too high for myself! This is the reason I have failed so many times to lose weight! I aim to high and get discouraged when I fail to reach that goal! Will probably be at 25lbs lost next week which isn't bad for 2 months... I had a personal goal of 50lbs but I think that may have been a bit too high... I'm gonna keep pushing! Everyone on this site has been extremely supportive! I don't know if I would still be going without this site!

Replies

• bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    50 lbs to lose in 2 months????
    that is a ridiculously high goal...
    even if you lost the typical 5-8lbs the first week and then a great number of 2lbs a week you would be under 25lbs which is where you are saying you are now????
    BE PROUD OF WHAT YOU HAVE ACCOMPLISHED IN THE LAST TWO MONTHS AND readjust your "final" goal for a more reasonable time to avoid future disappointment...

hope my reply doesnt come off as harsh or nasty but damn girl that is an unattainable goal and is for sure setting you up for disaster...
    good luck in the weeks to come and keep up the good work,
    denise
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    2 lbs a week max is good. You should be anything but discouraged. You should be proud of yourself
  • beccasetsfire
    Options
    In the past (read: In High School) I could lose 10lbs in a week without actually trying.. So it kinda sucks now...

PS - The goal wasn't really 2 months to lose 50lbs it started before that to lose by next week I just started tracking here 2 months ago :)