I over eat, even when I know its bad,

Options
I started off my weight loss really well. Lost about 6 1/2 kgs. Now I have a goal, I am training for a 21.1km half marathon in Sept 2013. My first.
But I keep overeating and blowing my calories. Then I feel gulity, and do exercise and then do the same thing over again.
Whats the go? I know its stupid, and bad, and sometimes All my exercise still doesnt balance my calorie intake.........whats wrong with me???

Replies

• BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    You just need to decide for yourself that it has to stop. Beating yourself up won't work but keeping a positive outlook will. That and go do something else when you think of overeating. And, of course, weigh, measure and log your food.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You have already taken the first step - idtifying the problem. Now, take small steps and keep moving forward and you will get it straightened out. (you know, eat some junk food, but just less of it, etc.)
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    are your calorie goals set to a reasonable amount. Are you going over your maintenance number as well?
  • skinnylucy79
    skinnylucy79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey katrina! Look, I do know exactly what you mean, I am Miss Overeating... But look, you will have to focus, you need to stop sabotaging yourself. Have you been drinking a lot of water? If not, do it! Try to always have a healthy snack around and make sure you eat from 3 to 3 hours. Diet jellys (dunno if you like it) are a great dessert option, yoghurt, fruits ... Find ways to work out stuff and say NO! Yes, say no to oily and greasy options... And say YES to hot looking healthy you, cos you are worth it! ;)
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I was watching Ricki Lake she had a personal trainer on as a guest. Her advice was to eat a whole lot of vegetables and to eat something green with every meal. It is really hard to overeat when you eat a lot of greens. I don't even eat a lot everyday, I do try for at least 6 days a week eating green vegetables in large amounts. It is super hard to binge when you are full of greens. I am not saying it can't be done, that sounds like a challenge. But, I am saying it is difficult and it really cuts into the junk food cravings. I had chips tonight as part of my dinner and they actually made me feel a bit sick I think that is because of adding vegetables to my diet.