What's going on here?!?

Options
funkyspunky871
funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
Have you ever noticed that in every single weight loss (special k, fiber one, etc.) commercial, all the actors/actresses are already skinny?

Replies

• Schula03
    Schula03 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    LOL!!!! Marketing!:wink:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Yes it drives me nuts! I was watching an infomercial for spanks last night, and it bugs me that the model that kept trying on the spanks was already skinny and had nothing that needed "holding in".
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Cuz that's how they got skinny? LOL yup its all Marketing
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Or how about the skinny models in a Lane Bryant catalog? LOL
  • thisemmabites
    Options
    Those commercials are silly. OF COURSE if I replaced two meals for a bowl of cereal... and I mean almost ANY bowl of cereal I would continue to lose weight. I hate those commercials.
  • PoisonSugar
    Options
    Just like in all commercials for mascara, EVERY girl is wearing fake eyelashes!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I hate the commercials for stretch mark creams that use skinny models. Of course there's no stretch marks, you never had any to get rid of!

Or the tooth whitening commercials. I guarantee every one of those models has their teeth whitened professionally.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Oh, the Lane Bryant models!!! That makes me laugh. I almost forgot.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Don't let it get you down, we all know that snack packs and granola bars aren’t very good for you. Too high in sugar and not natural. Understandably sometimes you need something convenient but we all know a bag of veggies, string cheese or an apples is a million times better snack and eat that whenever possible

Let the advertisers portray what they must and let the gullible people fall for it. Your too good for that!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options

They shouldn’t be. Loreal got fined for doing that for their Telescopic mascara about 2 years ago – it was with Penelope Cruze. Nice to know they are policing marketers at least a little bit! ;)
  • doingit4myprincesses
    doingit4myprincesses Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    ALONG THE SAME LINES OF LANE BRYANT I WAS LOOKING ON JCPENNY'S ONLINE TO BUY A GIRDLE FOR A WEDDING I SADLY HAVE TO BE IN...AND ALL THE "PLUS SIZE" GIRDLES WERE BEING MODELED BY WOMEN THAT I AM PRETTY SURE WEREN'T WEARING A SIZE OVER LARGE. SO EITHER THEY USED SKINNY MODELS OR THOSE ARE SOME EXTREMELY AMAZING GIRDLES AND WE ALL NEED TO BUY STOCK IN THE COMPANY!!! :laugh:
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    That of course is like a lost of weight loss programs skinny chicks and that also goes to face creams-show young chicks that already have good skin, or hair products, its competivie out there and they do what they do so ya buy it and Believe lol
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options

They shouldn’t be. Loreal got fined for doing that for their Telescopic mascara about 2 years ago – it was with Penelope Cruze. Nice to know they are policing marketers at least a little bit! ;)

Now the commercials have a disclaimer in small print at the bottom that reads: "filmed with lash inserts". I thought that was interesting.

Anyone see the new T-Shirts by Urban Outfitters that say "Eat Less" across the front - worn by a very thin model?? News outlets are screaming that they're promoting anorexia - the company defended themselves but the shirts are no longer on their website.