Les mills pump dvd

Options
curds
curds Posts: 201 Member
Hey guys,

I know a lot of you prefer stronglifts 5x5 and NROLW, but is there anyone out there that has done les mills pump or is currently doing it?

I like workout DVDs and I'm thinking of giving this program a chance, but I'm not sure since I haven't really seen a lot of success stories with it (that doesn't mean its not a good program), so yes any opinions on it?

Replies

• bamarudd20
    bamarudd20 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey Curds! I am currently doing this program and I love it! I have done other Beachbody programs and this is by far my favorite! I did a round of P90X and P90X2. X2 was a bit difficult for me because I had a torn rotator cuff and lost some range of motion. I also have done Turbo FIre and it is a great cardio program!
    I really enjoy Les Mills with the music, I don't even realize I'm working out! The Abs routine is the best!
    This will not bulk you up either. It will tone your muscles and that will help you burn more calories!
  • emilypink573
    emilypink573 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I like it, Some people say its more cardio but I have had success. See my pics. I lost a lot of inches doing it for 90 days. Im doing another round now.
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Emily,
    You look great!

I like it, Some people say its more cardio but I have had success. See my pics. I lost a lot of inches doing it for 90 days. Im doing another round now.
  • curds
    Options
    Thanks guys starting tomorrow with it, I'm excited I like the song choices!

I only have the les mills pump main workout DVD though sigh, would anyone recommend the ab workout? I don't generally do ab focused workouts lol (yes, I know I should), so if you would highly recommend me getting a hold of it please let me know.
  • mokoko123
    mokoko123 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I did LMP for a long time (2 full rounds of it) and loved it I lost a lot of weight with it and gained muscle tone too. If you want to gain muscle, remember you have to push and keep upping your weights. If you want to just loose weight, lower weights/higher reps. You can do both or either with LMP. If you didn't get the cardio or ab DVDs I do recommend them - or if you have other cardio you enjoy doing I suggest that. The main workouts are just weights - you will loose some weight, but it doesn't burn as much as full out cardio (at least for me it didn't). As for the ab workouts -t here are two I got - one was called Hard Core Abs (that one is tough and intense and works) and Core which is a less intense one, better for beginner/interm. Both are good - are they necessary? I guess that's up to you if you want to work your abs. But they will build muscle - which is what helps burn fat - so just something to consider. Good luck - its a great program!!!
  • curds
    Options
    Thanks Mokoko!

It seems I might have been mistaken about the dvd I have its says Bodypump not LMP when I insert it in my pc mmmh oh well. I do have the whole collection of Les mills combat workout, but I don't particularly like it. I looked up LMP and it seemed cool, thanks for all the comments I think I will do the bodypump and one or two workouts from LMC.

Thanks guys