Am I missing something?

Options
cisko213
cisko213 Posts: 10 Member
I see people's diaries and they are eating crap. Hot dogs and Wendy sandwiches. Fries. Cookies. But still coming under their calorie intake. I thought the point of this website was to be healthy??

Replies

• jennagoogles13
    Options
    I mean, when it comes down to it, at least they're logging honestly, right? To each their own. We're all here for different reasons, so let's just be supportive of one another:)
  • misskate1987
    Options
    Everybody's going to eat differently. Perhaps the days you looked at were treat days. (Maybe they weren't). Maybe they were people just starting out who are simply getting used to what's in the food they eat. Maybe they were people who've been here for ages who have learned that yes, you can have your cake and eat it too.

All you should be worrying about is what you eat, and your numbers, and making this site work for you.
  • cisko213
    Options
    True , I stand corrected. I guess for my motivation I want to see some awesome healthy food consumption going on. I am also new to this site and eating healthy so I hope to motivate as well.
  • genofreek
    genofreek Posts: 75
    Options
    You'll occasionally find crap in my diary. Ice cream bars, the odd Jack in the Box, Mexican takeout. I don't know what everyone else is doing, but I'm new to this and need to ease into it. If I went cold turkey off every unhealthy thing I love, I'll do nothing but think about those foods and crave them. Eventually, I'll be right back to eating poorly because as much as I want to be healthy, the temporary happiness of curly fries and pizza will win in the end.

But if I let myself have something unhealthy but good now and then as long as it fits into my daily intake, I can do this indefinitely. Eventually I plan to cut the junk, minus the few things I really love and will just take in moderation (ahem, Mexican takeout).

And, like Jenna said, at least they're logging honestly and taking responsibility for their food! Plenty of people are too ashamed to log it when they've eaten junk.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    This is why I keep my diary closed, so much judgement. You don't know the person's circumstances. We're all here for different personal reasons and have different goals.

MFP is designed as a calorie counter. It doesn't tell you what to eat, just how much.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat nothing but carrot sticks and egg whites in order to lose weight. A susatainable diet is one in which you don't feel deprived. It's good to eat healthy, but let's not be judgmental of those who do things differently than ourselves.
  • sexymuffintop
    sexymuffintop Posts: 636
    Options
    You should also bare in mind that not everyone on the site is necessarily using it for weight loss. People use it for all different reasons.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I'm an IIFYM girl (shrug)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Hitting your macros and calorie goals IS eating healthy. Individual food choices are irrelevant. If I can hit my goals eating home made food or Wendy's food, there's no difference from a health perspective.
  • cisko213
    Options
    If your losing weight and feeling better. That's what were sharing. That it's possible with food right. That's why I would think you would share. I mean I guess as for me. I want somebody to tell me your eating the wrong crap. That's why your not dropping weight.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing that these people subscribe to the simple calories in < calories out approach and not watching macros too closely. I find even on an IIFYM approach you have to eat healthy a large proportion of the time if you want to hit your macro and calorie goal
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    This site is a great place to log your food. Nowhere does it say what sort of food that should be - thats individual choice.
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    One of these days I aim to hit my targets with just Booze and Chocolates :drinker:
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I too am a IIFYM girl. As Gmallan said, I do have to eat 90% clean the whole day but I can allow myself one treat, but that is if I can afford it in my allowance. Using this approach I have been losing weight and gaining muscle steadily. To each their own I guess.
  • ZealousMissJJ
    ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    This is why I keep my diary closed, so much judgement. You don't know the person's circumstances.

I had 5 donuts (yes, 5!!) yesterday and I didn't stop there. Why? Cause I was having a bad day and I eat when I'm emotional or stressed. That's why I'm on MFP in the first place. Today I'm back to eating healthy.

Don't worry about other peoples diary and focus on your own. If you want to see healthy diaries, search the threads for people who eat healthy with open diaries!
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    This site is a great place to log your food. Nowhere does it say what sort of food that should be - thats individual choice.
    :drinker:
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Hitting your macros and calorie goals IS eating healthy. Individual food choices are irrelevant. If I can hit my goals eating home made food or Wendy's food, there's no difference from a health perspective.

QFT

I don't consider any food bad, if it fits my caloric intake and I have hit my macro's for the day then any food is fair game....
  • iwillbetinytea
    iwillbetinytea Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    One of these days I aim to hit my targets with just Booze and Chocolates :drinker:

LMAOOOO
  • BreakingOath
    BreakingOath Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Don't look at my diary today. I had firehouse subs TWICE with a medium fanta zero. Omg the aspartame! Then I had more aspartame and popcorn With butter at a movie. I'm going to diiieee!
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Choice my friend, its what makes life grand.

If you want to be inspired by people who eat clean, healthy etc I recommend you put that in your profile and add friends who are like minded.