What am i doing wrong?

Options
2»

Replies

• tsdaughe
    tsdaughe Posts: 88
    Options
    I think you are cutting too much. There is alot of debate about 1200 calories being starvation mode but I won't get into that. I do see somedays you eat even less then that. You really should not go below 1200. When you are not eating enough calories for your body to function (feed your heart, kidneys, lungs etc) your body will hold onto everything. I would eat least try to find your BMR at eat near or at that. I have eaten as high as 1700 calories a day and lost. Right now, i am at 1400 calories a day on non work out days and on workout days I eat 1400 calories plus any calories from exercise so usually between 1650-2000 calories depending on the day. Do not rely on the scale. Start taking measurements. Even now when I see a huge change in my body my scale stays the same or says I gained.

As far as eating, you are doing good. Just do what you are doing but eat a little more and try to always eat no less then 1200 calories but really I would try to get up to 1400 or your BMR and go from there.
  • thenewpath2me
    Options
    I'm confused, I looked up my bmr and it said 2007 calories. I'm morbidly obese, obviously ;) But what do you guys think I should be eating calorie wise?? I try to stay under 1500 and usually want one day to eat normal like a weekend day with my family. I shouldn't eat my active calories either since I eat that day over my calorie limit, but not go overboard that day either. Just looking for opinions :D
  • hetx2mommy
    hetx2mommy Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm in the same boat.........

I've been doing MFP for 8 weeks this coming Monday. I was losing consistently, am down nearly 17 lbs. This week, no change! I've been on 1200 cals the whole time :/
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat.........

I've been doing MFP for 8 weeks this coming Monday. I was losing consistently, am down nearly 17 lbs. This week, no change! I've been on 1200 cals the whole time :/

Look up "breaking plateaus" ...... Very low calorie diets are subject to plateaus.

Weight loss will NOT be linear .... one week zero loss .... the next week 2 pounds .... who knows.

Also - the closer you get to goal the slower your weight loss will be ..... it sucks, but that's the way it is.
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give it another week on the 1200 calories

tumblr_m9ftrn5IFX1r22lig.gif

I was going to echo everybody else's thoughts about upping your calories. Then I saw this! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: