healthy Oatmeal Cookie recipe?

Options
Does anyone have a healthy Oatmeal cookie recipe? I've been looking forever online and I can't find one that doesn't use 1294029485 different ingredients i don't have.
If it's possible without stevia that would be great, as my mum doesn't like me using it often.
Thanks!

Replies

• Magdaloonie
    Magdaloonie Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I found a recipe on cooks.com for fruity oatmeal cookies that are sweetened with ripe bananas and natural applesauce. I was short on applesauce so they weren't very sweet at all but they grew on me. I used dried cherries instead of raisins, too. Sorry, I can't find a link right now!
  • debrajdavid
    debrajdavid Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I start with the basic oatmeal cookie recipe on the back of Quaker Oatmeal. I then substitue yogurt and peanut butter for the fat, honey for the sugar, and whole wheat flour for 1/2 of the flour it calls for, and one egg. I use the amounts in the recipe for the salt and baking soda or baking powder, whichever the recipe calls for. I then add whatever I may have on hand - pumpking, cooked sweet potato, shredded carrots, shredded zucchini, etc. until I get the right texture. You may have to add a litle more oatmeal if the batter seems too thin. I then add approximately 3/4 cup of mini chocolate chips. Depending on the ingredients and how big you make the cookies, these are approximately 80 calories per cookie with only 2 grams of fat. Very filling and satisying. Good luck!!