Gazelle Exercise Machine?

Options
bslclay
bslclay Posts: 55 Member
Does anyone use this machine? I purchased it about 6 years ago and use it once in awhile. I want to use it again (since it is all I have right now in terms of equipment at home) although I wonder, what would be the best way to track my calories burned and if the work-out I get from it will be a real work-out? Would it be considered an elipticle? It claims that it is a "low-impact cardio-training and progressive resistance muscle toning-workout".

I am having a hard time sticking to a routine that I enjoy and I also have very little time in the day to fit in a 'good' workout. I don't want to be wasting my time and then be disappointed (for me...that is when I get discouraged and tend to give up).

Any advice - thoughts - are welcome;)

Replies

• red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Easy: get a heart rate monitor. That's the ONLY way you can know with certainty what your calorie burn is, and thus how effective your workout is.
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I have one, got it second hand, so I never got the videos with it. I've only used it a few times, because I never felt anything while using it. It took me 2 hours to feel like I was actually working. I'd rather keep going with my hip hop abs, and rockin' body. Those hurt :)
  • jer2kat
    jer2kat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have a Gazelle and it counts calories for me but I don't think it is very accurate. It says in 15 min of a workout I've only burnt 30 calories when I can walk at a brisk pace for 15 min and burn a lot more acording to MFP. I work up about the same sweat on both so that is why I don't think mine is accurate. My Gazelle also has the resistance shocks that can be added in and I don't think that is included in the calorie burn either. I would agree with others that a heart rate monitor would be the best way to tell what you are burning in calories.